smoked taillights?

noooooooooooooooooooooooo niteshades sucks! your tails will look dull.

take them to a paint shop and have them sprayed professionally. Trust me!

btw, the smoked out look isnt very classy. If you really want the smoked look. You should invest in vinyl overlays. When you go to sell the car, you can peel them off. Plus, the vinyl is the same consistency so it will all be one color. With paint, some areas tend to be darker than others if done incorrectly... with nightshades its guaranteed to look like ass

the other option is to split the tail lights and spray the insides black to remove the chrome. I can walk you through it if you wish

where can I get these vinyl overlays? sounds like a great idea. always liked the smoked look but want to keep it classy, or as classy as I can without being a real ricer. let me know and thanks for your feeback

Orly?
Take your time with niteshade and do thin layers and they come out fine. A coat or two of clear will bring the shine out to make them look more like they came that way from the factory...

PICT0049800x600-1.jpg

Orly?
Take your time with niteshade and do thin layers and they come out fine. A coat or two of clear will bring the shine out to make them look more like they came that way from the factory...

PICT0049800x600-1.jpg

^key statement... clearcoat... i had a local that did the nightshats on his tails... it looked like ass.. i helped him wetsand it and clear it and it turned out pretty well...

but just spraying it on the tail isnt the end of it...

btw car looks good man!

My nightshade turned out ok...I did mess up the first time, so i bought some 'graffiti remover' from Lowes, and it took it off easily.

backsomething.jpg

TXspeed6, looks nice. You should hit the Mazdaspeed6 badge with the nightshades as well, (and clear) or just black to match the logo.

TXspeed6, looks nice. You should hit the Mazdaspeed6 badge with the nightshades as well, (and clear) or just black to match the logo.

Thanks man, I have thought about it, but I like the Mazdaspeed6 badge to stand out. What I really think I need to do is nightshade those reflectors, that will make it look much better, I just don't want to break them when pulling them out...I guess I'll just have to tape them off.

I believe I did one thin coat of VHT nightshade, then one pretty thick coat, then some touch-up on spots that were lighter or uneven. Then I did a medium coat of Gloss crystal clear enamel.
I tried it the first time and it came out smokey...I really suggest buying some graffiti remover or something that can remove it safely if you mess up. I think the one I bought was the Goof-Off one from Lowes...here is a picture from amazon...
https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Does anyone have any experience with either of the following? I'm wondering if they will A) fit a 2006 MS6 and B) if they fit a 2006 MS6 they will probably fit a 2007 MS6. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

I have seen those on sale, but never installed. The only LED lights that I think I'd personally consider are the CAR-LED ones from potential motorsports. A little pricey at $400, but they look phenomenal when installed.

btw, the smoked out look isnt very classy. If you really want the smoked look. You should invest in vinyl overlays. When you go to sell the car, you can peel them off. Plus, the vinyl is the same consistency so it will all be one color. With paint, some areas tend to be darker than others if done incorrectly... with nightshades its guaranteed to look like ass

the other option is to split the tail lights and spray the insides black to remove the chrome. I can walk you through it if you wish

can you tell me how i can split my tail lights, i planned on painting the insides but i couldnt figure out how to take off the clear plastic part so i had to put it back on the car... :(

Funny how ours turn out on the dull side. A friend of mine at work did a nice coat on his Passat and they look so smooth and glossy. He didnt use clear either.

Yeah, my nightshade came out great too. Just have to wetsand it and take your time.

l_54b33c7864224df49efca856e60e3e76.jpg

Where can you get nightshade besides online? And do you have to sand the lights down first?

Discount Autoparts, O'Reilly's, Autozone.. It's all over the place. I didn't use a clearcoat, but yes you do need to use a very fine grit of wet sandpaper.

Discount Autoparts, O'Reilly's, Autozone.. It's all over the place. I didn't use a clearcoat, but yes you do need to use a very fine grit of wet sandpaper.

man Ur lucky. Ive been looking and looking. no were has them in Western Washington!!!!!! not that it mater to you. just saying

Back