All in one key + remote, any one have one?

01bluemp3

:
07 MS6
ebay_flipkey_maz_0345b.jpg

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Any one every try these things? I have one remote for my mazda and one master key + valet. same thing on my highlander, they make them for it too. Just wanted to see if anyone has first hand use of these and could say yay or nay before i spent 40 bux on it.

Thanks

Frank

Be the 1st...it has been talked about, but nobody else wants to spend the $$$ to see if it works either...

hurmmmm. I think i will. hell whats another 40 bux when you have already spent almost 2k on a car that is on jack stands :-b

That is how I am feeling right now...mine is still sitting in the garage...I am waiting on some help yet again...

Kind of resurrecting this thread. I just ordered one of these and should have it next week. I'm going to program it before I even get the key cut. My P5 didn't come with a remote and I hate not having one. We shall see.

The trunk popper would never work because there is no actuator. Only plus side to it would be that it's one unit. If the Mazda switchblades worked, I'd probably get one.

Alright mine arrived yesterday. Seems to be of solid enough quality where it doesn't feel like it will just fall apart in your hand. It actually comes with directions for 01 Proteges thru 06+ Mazda 6.

I opened mine up to make sure there was a battery in it then went to my car and had it programmed in about 2 minutes. The unlock, lock and panic work just fine but as stated above, the trunk does not work. Instead if you hit the trunk release it sets off the panic. So basically the fob has 2 panic buttons on it. Like stated above the P5 does not have an actuator so it defaults. This is kind of a generic fob and I would bet if someone had a Mazda6 or something with the trunk release it would work just fine.

I did not cut the key yet as I wanted to make sure the remote portion would work first. I will be off to Lowes this morning to get that done. Overall am I happy? Sure, as long as the key cuts up fine. To have an all in one switchblade key/fob system for about $40 really isn't that bad.

If anyone wants pictures of it I can get those later.

Just got back from Home Depot and having the key cut. it works though it only seems to work in one direction. I don't know if this is a product of the key or the retard that I had cut it...I'm guessing the latter. .
Either way I am very happy with this and I would do it again

Alright mine arrived yesterday. Seems to be of solid enough quality where it doesn't feel like it will just fall apart in your hand. It actually comes with directions for 01 Proteges thru 06+ Mazda 6.

I opened mine up to make sure there was a battery in it then went to my car and had it programmed in about 2 minutes. The unlock, lock and panic work just fine but as stated above, the trunk does not work. Instead if you hit the trunk release it sets off the panic. So basically the fob has 2 panic buttons on it. Like stated above the P5 does not have an actuator so it defaults. This is kind of a generic fob and I would bet if someone had a Mazda6 or something with the trunk release it would work just fine.

I did not cut the key yet as I wanted to make sure the remote portion would work first. I will be off to Lowes this morning to get that done. Overall am I happy? Sure, as long as the key cuts up fine. To have an all in one switchblade key/fob system for about $40 really isn't that bad.

If anyone wants pictures of it I can get those later.

Try holding the button for 3 secs or more!

I had one of those, but they put the wrong key blade on it, so I had to send it back. However, I asked them for a refund instead of an exchange because I wasn't impressed with the quality at all. https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned) is a lot less expensive, and works better. The only problem is that it's just a two-button remote, so you have to drill a hole for the panic button. It's a little more work, but it's worth it.

Back