best type of drill bit to drill through hood?

SwampAss

:
2007 Mazdaspeed3
I'm trying to install a line of red LEDs up the center of my hood and wore a bit out after only drilling 3 holes. It's supposed to be a bit for metal. Also, will masking tape keep the paint from splintering as badly? It seems to crack off pretty badly when the bit goes through.

Any info appreciated.

the secret to drilling into metal is low speed, high pressure, and be sure to use a cutting oil. Gear oil works great.

I know this sounds stupid, but be sure your drill is spinning in the right direction.... I've done that before.

I'm trying to install a line of red LEDs up the center of my hood and wore a bit out after only drilling 3 holes. It's supposed to be a bit for metal. Also, will masking tape keep the paint from splintering as badly? It seems to crack off pretty badly when the bit goes through.

Any info appreciated.

Looking desperately for my e-wading boots for slogging through the hip deep e-bulls***.

I don`t know who`s worse, you or Kain.

I wouldn't recommend a center punch because depending how hard you hit it might make a huge dent lol. And yes slow speed is the key for metal. If you go at full speed then it just makes a bunch of heat and dulls the bit.

BTW try not to make your LEDs too gay............ I'd elaborate but probably get an infraction for being an asshole......... Do what you like :D

Looking desperately for my e-wading boots for slogging through the hip deep e-bulls***.

I don`t know who`s worse, you or Kain.

I'm not going to drive around with them on all the time. That would attract too much attention. I'm going to toggle them to my key fob and wire them to my subs so they flash when my car basses.

is that played out? This is my only real connection to the outside world with regard to cars and stuff.

maybe I should rethink this.

are you using a big enough drill??? 6v drill cant handle the 2in hole saw your going to need. for the better ventalation...
thankyou swamp i was saying to myself i had not heard anything off the wall from you lately...

P.S. the Swamp Ass Acess Port is working flawleesly

I'm not going to drive around with them on all the time. That would attract too much attention. I'm going to toggle them to my key fob and wire them to my subs so they flash when my car basses.

Muttering to myself, "the waist high waders aren`t going to make it, where did I leave the friggin chest highs?"

So this is a bad idea? Maybe I should just get those Cragar classics i wanted. I need chevy adapters though.

1190785513txZxko.jpg

Hot wire.

Back