Mazda6 s Stock headunit... Does it have a tape player?

oakley990099

:
08.5 CWP Mazdaspeed 3
i am looking to purchase a 2004 mazda6 s this weekend and i have looked at it and am basically ready to put the payments down but i forgot to look at if it had a tape player..

i know one of the buttons say "tape/md" on it but for some reason every site i researched on they say nothing about tape players..(they only list the radio and cd player features)

thank you

A tape player is available from Mazda as an OEM accessory.

Any particular reason (aside from the obvious) that you're looking at the tape player?

for an ipod hookup b.c they dont have a aux jack right? and i really dont like the cost of redoing the whole unit to make it work so a simple hookup like that would be perfect..

so if there is a button that says " tape/md" on it does that mean my particular car will have it? sorry if i sound dumb

for an ipod hookup b.c they dont have a aux jack right? and i really dont like the cost of redoing the whole unit to make it work so a simple hookup like that would be perfect..

so if there is a button that says " tape/md" on it does that mean my particular car will have it? sorry if i sound dumb

Ok, that clears things up.

First, do you have SAT radio in your car?

You don't need the tape player to run an iPod connection, but depending on what you have already, that will somewhat dictate where you go from here.

Ok, in that case, you can run any of the iPod adaptors without issue. There's a listing of all the radio options, and it should break those down in more detail.

You will have to plug the adaptor in the back of the radio, but pulling the radio out isn't tough at all.

i got a ipod adapter that hooks up to the 12v power outlet in my mazda 6 for around 40 bucks i got it at walmart and you like set it to a radio station and match the station and it plays from there

yea its not that great reception. but i dont feel like taking out the radio and all that stuff haha unless i was installing a whole new system

Back