2009 CX-9 NAV DVD Update

AndreaLee

Hi everyone,

I am from Canada, and I just took delivery of my new CX-9 this week, and it appears that the NAV map DVD is not as current as it should be.

The DVD is Mazda part no. GS3M 66 DZ0 A (K4238).

Are these the latest updates and where can I order new updates from. The DVD says Denso (2008) and Navteq (2007) on it, so I am a little confused as to how to order.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks so much.

AndreaLee

I would think that the easiest way and possibly the only way would be through your mazda dealer.

Andrea,
Be careful when you buy DVD map for your 2009 CX9.
I believe the map for 2009 is different from 2007 and 2008 models.
Usually the DVD map disc also comes with some software update as well.
In some cases, the screen resolution could be different from model year to another.
For 2007-2008 CX9, the newest version is F. But a version E can be found here (a Mazda dealer)...
http://www.mazdaparts.org/mazda-navigation-disk.html
However, that is for 2007-2008 model year.
I am NOT aware of the newest version for 2009 model year.
It COULD be different. Ask your local dealer for details, then, you can choose to buy it elsewhere if you choose to.
Just FYI.

Last edited:
I took delivery of my 09 on December 27 last year and immediately noticed that the DVDs were out of date and the dealer agreed that they would replace them free of charge. However, it's been four months and they are still waiting on the new shipment ~ According to Mazda, "Japan is where the holdup is," which doesn't make much sense at all (uhm)!

The Honda / NAVTEQ / Alpine DVDs are typically 1 - 2 years out of date and updates are painfully slow, also.

I can understand that many of the new sub-division / neighborhoods roads that pop up daily might not be on there but I find it frustrating that major highway changes take a year or two also.

I noticed NAVTEQ supplies map data for Mazda, too. If it's anything like Honda, map updates come out once a year, typically in the fall. They'll most likely not have everything you want so it's always a good idea to go to the dealership and browse the NAVI on a new car and compare with your version. Once a new DVD is in the unit, it might not be possible to put the old DVD back in. If you don't like the limited updates and want to sell / return it, you might be stuck with it. My Honda unit would error "Older version detected, please insert new disc". Be absolutely positive you like the newer version before paying the $$ for it.

**Speaking of updates: Go here and create an account:

https://mapreporter.navteq.com/dur-web-external/login.do?userType=CONSUMER

When you find errors on the map (missing or incorrect roads, street or POI changes, etc...) report them to help keep the database as current as possible.

Map data was prepared people.
People make mistakes.
I upgraded my old Odyssey's NAVI disc. The new one had more streets, backroads. Nice. However, my home address disappeared from the database. It was on my older NAVI disc. Can you imagine the new one was worse? It happens. I had to use my neighbor's address as my "home address".

As Trip Mazda6 said, once you upgrade to the new one, the old disk does not work anymore. Why? Usually the disk comes with software update, which carries a version number to match with the data base's version number. You can't mess the two up. It simply does not work.

The Honda / NAVTEQ / Alpine DVDs are typically 1 - 2 years out of date and updates are painfully slow, also.

I can understand that many of the new sub-division / neighborhoods roads that pop up daily might not be on there but I find it frustrating that major highway changes take a year or two also.

I noticed NAVTEQ supplies map data for Mazda, too. If it's anything like Honda, map updates come out once a year, typically in the fall. They'll most likely not have everything you want so it's always a good idea to go to the dealership and browse the NAVI on a new car and compare with your version. Once a new DVD is in the unit, it might not be possible to put the old DVD back in. If you don't like the limited updates and want to sell / return it, you might be stuck with it. My Honda unit would error "Older version detected, please insert new disc". Be absolutely positive you like the newer version before paying the $$ for it.

**Speaking of updates: Go here and create an account:

https://mapreporter.navteq.com/dur-web-external/login.do?userType=CONSUMER

When you find errors on the map (missing or incorrect roads, street or POI changes, etc...) report them to help keep the database as current as possible.

Mazda CX-9 not even listed as a map system that uses Navteq on this site.

Map Update

Hi everyone,

I am from Canada, and I just took delivery of my new CX-9 this week, and it appears that the NAV map DVD is not as current as it should be.

The DVD is Mazda part no. GS3M 66 DZ0 A (K4238).

Are these the latest updates and where can I order new updates from. The DVD says Denso (2008) and Navteq (2007) on it, so I am a little confused as to how to order.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks so much.

AndreaLee

How did you make out? I just took delivery of my 2009 CX9 Friday. Thanks to this forum I queried the map version and the dealer promised to update it, guess what. Now I can't add addresses in Florida (or anywhere on the east coast of the US). Seems it is looking for disk B. Disk B is in the glove compartment (wasn't there when I took the test drive) but when I load it I get a disk error. I know I could add Florida addresses when I took the test drive because I tried it! Guess I should have left well enough alone. Frustrating since I spend half the year in Florida (bad enough the trip computer can't change to imperial measure (mpg etc.) something my 1986 New Yorker could do with the push of a button over 20 years ago. Something of a disappointment.

I bought the CX 9 3 weeks ago and the nav disc that came with it is:

Mazda part# TE95 66 DZ0 A
Denso part# 104632-8272 (KA238)

Are you guys telling me that this is outdated? Thanks.

2009 CX9 use disc with prefix "TE95".... while older models use "GP9A"...
The newest for 2009 I have seen is "A". "B" is delayed for whatever reason.
The map data in "A" is pretty old (rumours: comparable to 2006-2007 data).
The newest disc for 2007-2008 (prefix, GP9A) is "E" version which has the newer data (2007-2008).
You can't use the GP9A disc on your 2009 CX9. Don't try it. The disc comes with software that fits specific NAVI system such as update for software drivers, etc.

If you own a CX9 with A version, make sure you ask the dealer for a free update BEFORE you buy the CX9 when "B" becomes available in near future. Otherwise, it is up to their good will to update your old map data (unlikely), or you have to spend $$$ on it ($200+).

No, A in 2009 CX-9 is totally new and different from 07 and 08.
The disc is in black color while 07/08 is in white.

Just bought my car on Monday and I'm also waiting for the dealer to get back to me on map updates.
But I checked out http://www.mazdanavigation.com/ and they list a new version for the 2009 model.
My navi's version says:
V05.07.11
2007 ver 2

The website's latest offering is 2008 ver 1

I'll keep you all posted as to what my dealer comes back with (but I'm going to tell them about this website because they probably don't know)

Map Version

I purchased my car towards the end of May,2009. Has the same map version as yours.
I've sent emails to Mazda and awaiting for their response.

I purchased my car towards the end of May,2009. Has the same map version as yours.
I've sent emails to Mazda and awaiting for their response.

Even my wife's 09 CX-7 came with the 2007 Ver 1.! I haven't pulled the disc yet on her new car to read the label but I suspect the Rev E.

I now have 2 versions of the NAV that say 2007, Version 1, with slightly different dates of files burnt on the DVD. WTF is that about?

I know calling the dealer will get nowhere. I may just suck it up and buy the new DVD. $200 split between 2 cars ain't so bad.

I just ponied-up $199 for the Rev F Nav disk off the Mazdanavigation.com website. Includes next day delivery via UPS (which I suspect doesn't include Saturdays).

The website talks about Version F, Release 2008, Ver 1 and lists all the new detailed maps and POIs included. None of them are even in my state, but I hope they fixed a few here in central MA where they re-connected Route 290 and 146...I hate it when I see myself driving on railroad tracks that haven't been there for many years.

Anways, at least I can split the cost between 2 cars.

I just ponied-up $199 for the Rev F Nav disk off the Mazdanavigation.com website. Includes next day delivery via UPS (which I suspect doesn't include Saturdays).

The website talks about Version F, Release 2008, Ver 1 and lists all the new detailed maps and POIs included. None of them are even in my state, but I hope they fixed a few here in central MA where they re-connected Route 290 and 146...I hate it when I see myself driving on railroad tracks that haven't been there for many years.

Anways, at least I can split the cost between 2 cars.

Just got my new MAZDA Part No. GP9A 66 DZ0 F, 2008, Version 1 map update! Installed the disc, upgraded the firmware and I'm good to go for another year. (breakn)

At least I only needed to buy one for both my new Mazda's!

Anyone interested?...PM me..

Mazda Phone Call

Today I received a phone call after waiting for this response for a week. I was told to order the DVD via the website and then fax over the receipt and they would refund my expenses.
I will update as for the outcome.

Back