Help me determine asking price for my MP3

Mustang Matt

:
2001 Mazda Protege MP3
I'm going to be putting my wife's car up for sale on here shortly.

Wanted to see what you guys thought was a fair asking price.
2001 Mazda Protege MP3

We purchased this car in 2002 with 17,000 miles on it if I remember right.

132,000 miles
Dec. 2008 - New spark plugs, timing belt and both serpentine belts
Nov. 2008 - new tokicos and end links
Nov. 2008 - new eagle F1 all season tires (one has been replaced with a spare ecsta I had due to a pot hole.)
Nov. 2008 - brake fluid flushed
May 2007 - New windshield
Both rear calipers have been replaced
Aftermarket headunit
I've always changed the oil/filter myself with mobil 1 5w-30.
I've replaced the rear sway bar bushings twice and grease them up regularly.
Interior is in great shape. I don't believe there are any rips or tears and we're non-smokers.
Exterior isn't terrible but I'm a perfectionist and she does have a disturbing amount of small door dings. Hood has some small rock chips.
Car doesn't burn or leak any fluids

The bad:
Brakes pulse a bit, I think it's time to replace pads/rotors
hvac fan works sporadically. Lately it's been working.
AC however just died and I don't have confirmation yet but I believe it's the AC compressor clutch that has worn out.
door ding magnet
no factory bass tube in trunk
rear sway bar isn't currently squeaking as I greased the bushings when I changed the struts, but it's only a matter of time.
Original clutch is still holding out at 132,000 but it's on my list of things to replace
Front lip on the lower chin spoiler has a 4" chunk missing in action
Most of the wheels have some amount of curb rash
One wheel has the centercap screws snapped. (Thank you NTB!) I still have the centercap.

I think the only other thing that carfax would reveal is that when we first bought it, it was at the dealer a dozen times as they kept mis-diagnosing a bent hub. When they finally figured it out, the hub was replaced.

It's daily driven about 100 miles roundtrip to her work. It's been a great car. We're getting rid of it because my wife wants to get a CTS-V she found.

What's a fair price for me to ask? Car is located about 45 miles from St. Louis. I'll probably be fixing several of the items in the bad list over the next couple of weeks.

The only photo I have of it online currently:
P1010102.jpg

MMMMMMM....Mustang. :drool:

But if you replace all the bad then it should be a pretty good for sale vehicle. I'm making no sense in my sentence structure today but once it's all fixed or upgraded or whatever you could sell it for a bit above KBB. Mainly check KBB and search for oyur car online. See what prices are out there and decide from there.

Depends on how quickly you want to sell it... If you have time just list it around KBB value and see how it goes. Otherwise drop it $500-$1000 from there and hopefully it should get a lot more attention. Thats pretty much how it works in my experience anyways.

Keeping the car as is without doing anything else I think you could post it for about 4,500-5000. Unless there is someone dead set on finding MP3 around your location I wouldn't expect getting more then $4,000 for it.

Thanks guys. It's going in tonight for the AC and blower motor fan. I think I'll list it at $4500 obo and see what happens.

I ran the NADA on your car and with the lileage that you have it is worth in perfect condition at $5,000.00. So to sell in your case, the ~$4,200.00 sounds about right.

Back