loss of power?

thecrash91

:
2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege
friend just told me if i get headers and eliminate 1 of the cats (with the header) i will get a significant loss of power as well as MPG, he said i would lose at least 5 mpg, is he full of s*** or is he right? this would be in combination with the HKS hi power axleback exhaust

thats what i thought, the headers should give me 5whp and 10 torque alone, as compared to the ractive which were dynod to give 4whp and 9 torque, i getting obx and they are better. what do you guys think of the obx headers with the HKS hi power exhaust

Full of s***, header install on mine made power and didn't hurt milage at all.

That and the HKS might be a bit loud though... I sold my HKS awhile back and put a stock muffler on because it was a bit louder than I could stand.

x3.

Do it. Consider pairing this mod with an Under Drive Pulley (UDP) to gain back some low end.

sweet, and about the hks being too loud, i like the loudness. all the others seemed too quiet for my liking, i really liked the remus somebody posted a video of but i cant find one for the p5 for the life of me.

hah hes got a vtec, he probably doesnt want me to have a faster car then him.. too late, hes got a 99 civic ex. stock is like 111 torque which is prob only like 80-85 to the wheels, and 120 hp again prob only like 85 wheel (moon)

a 99, for sure. a new one, more torque but less hp. except si, the si actually has good hp now, but honda always sucked with keeping torque and hp relatively close except with their v6 engines

Back