Im picking up strange vibrations

:
06 Mazdaspeed 6
So ive noticed this since I bought the car. When cruising down the highway I get this wierd vibration... right around 60 mph. I never notice it at low speed. It has about a half a second to a second inbetween each one. Its like a wooomp.......wooomp......wooomp. I had taken it to the dealer once for it before but they said it was my winter tires causing it. But now I just bought a brand new set of skins and im still noticing it. Any ideas? U joint?

or just a tire out of balance.....most wheel balancers are only good for around 40 mph......i'ld check the wheels first....they will be the cheapest and easiest to do first

or just a tire out of balance.....most wheel balancers are only good for around 40 mph......i'ld check the wheels first....they will be the cheapest and easiest to do first

yeah i agreee i was getting a very small vibration with my stockers, but i had new rims and tires coming in so i didnt even bother, put the new rims on that i watched being balanced today and the vibration is gone now..

it also may just be the timing of the cylinders at that precise rpm it can get droning which is why i just go faster and it goes away.

I guess just live with it..... Ive had more problems with my ms6 in 5 months then I ever had with my civic si in 7 years. Blah!

I guess just live with it..... Ive had more problems with my ms6 in 5 months then I ever had with my civic si in 7 years. Blah!

same for me, but here is the flip:
I guess just live with it..... Ive had more problems with my ms6 in 1 month then I ever had with my accord in 3 years. Blah!

well you gotta do what you feel like yout gotta do.

i have had the car for 33 days and all i have had is a problems too.

sad to hear you have problems but issues can happen with any car . . . its luck of the draw.

Cousin of mine had a civic. Talk about problems . . . its on its 3rd warrantied engine and 2nd tranny. Fully stock.

40k miles and only the clutch and flywheel (girlfriend fried it) and transfer case (covered under warranty) are you guys running full synthetic? do you question your ability to drive the car ever because its possibly one of the most difficult to drive perfectly in the sports car community. I've driven plenty of 300 400 500+ hp cars and in comparrison i'd say the ms6 is disgusting clutch/gearbox wise unless you can shift perfectly all the time which i guess it takes 2 years to do considering i havent grinded in about 6 months.

So I just realized that pulling the EBrake up one click does get rid of the vibration.... wonderful! Craigslist here we come.

Latest posts

Back