Engine build for MSP

Spiced MSP

:
2016 Peterbilt 579
Does anyone know what the average turnaround time is for an engine build? Also, does anyone have any suggestions on how to do it right the first time? and finally, does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do to my tranny so it can hold 300+ HP? I know about welding the LSD or just getting a Quaife but what about the gears, is cryo treatment good enough? Last question, is the Unichip good for 300 HP or am I looking at Haltech or Microtech?

Does anyone know what the average turnaround time is for an engine build? Also, does anyone have any suggestions on how to do it right the first time? and finally, does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do to my tranny so it can hold 300+ HP? I know about welding the LSD or just getting a Quaife but what about the gears, is cryo treatment good enough? Last question, is the Unichip good for 300 HP or am I looking at Haltech or Microtech?

ok first off the stock tranny can hold about 280 u need a good clutch and a welded LSD for 300+ maybee a quaife, unichip is not good for a 300+ hp goal because you cant use bigger injectors with it, i have the split seconed FTC-1 and i will control bigger injectors and you can custom tune/data log with it plug widebands into it and it just piggybacks the factory ecu and is much cheeper than theese other units! the turn around time for a build to have a shop do it or you do it? a shop about 2-3 weeks it took me 6 weeks myself to do mine!

Honestly i think the best way to do it(probably not the cheapest) is to buy a built motor from Pg or crossover and drop it in when it gets to you. It minimizes down time. Yes an upgraded tranny will be required, not too sure about gears but getting the cyro treated sounds likea good option. And ull probably need a bigger turbo(28rs). And i would go with a standalone system for 300+ hps.

I agree with BadBandar. Aquiring the short block already built is your quickest option. There are a few vendors that can assist you with that. By the way, I was stationed at Ft Hood as well. 4Th Infantry. I was a diesel mechanic on Hummers and 5 Tons. If you are a Helicopter mechanic you can probably do most of the work yourself at the on base shop across from the Motorpools. They rent the Mechanic bays by the hour and offer all the tools and lift. I remember doing the clutch on my MX-6 and saved alot of money. Anyways good luck out there bro!

yeah, I work on Apaches...3d ACR... just got back from Iraq. I have used the bays at Sprocket auto repair a couple of times. I agree with you guys on the built block. By the way, thanks for the input. Also, I heard all of the 4th ID guys were moving to Ft. Carson. Is that true? I'm pretty sure I have more questions about the build. I will post again if I don't find the answer in the forum. Thanks!!!

I'm not quite sure of 4Th I.D.'s status. Last that I heard they were deployed to Iraq a month after I was discharged back in 2002 when the war broke out. I had my Airborne bag packed and ready to go. I was even threatend by the Army after being discharged to join a local reserve unit or else I would have all my V.A benefits stripped away. Anyways I did my time and enjoyed it to the fullest.

We also rebuild and test Apache Hydraulics over at the Aerospace company I work for too. They have Government contracts with the U.S. Army for us to work on Apaches and BlackHawks. Those suckers come in by the hundreds. Just give me a holla if you need anything man. It's always good to hear from a fellow Hood Soldier!

Back