couple quick questions

ampfp

*would you take your decently cared for protege 5 with 90k mi on it to a cross country drive? (reliability)

*what's a good price for above said car? '02 with power stuff but no abs.

*is a protege5 heavier than the protege sedan? i.e. looks sportier but is slightly slower? lower mileage too?

*any link to the service manual to check major service milestones?

i kinda like the car... am waiting for a good deal (breakn)
thanks for lookin!

Last edited:
1st. yes, i wouldnt doubt my car. just make sure you are running fresh fluids. and take some long breaks in between.

2nd. price wise if i had that car. auto-5ish-6 manual around the same.

other question im sure other members can answer throughly

*would you take your decently cared for protege 5 with 90k mi on it to a cross country drive? (reliability)

*is a protege5 heavier than the protege sedan? i.e. looks sportier but is slightly slower? lower mileage too?

thanks for lookin!

1. Absolutely. 90k is no biggie.

2. I would hit up KBB and NADA websites, but I would guess around $5k-$6k.

3. It's a bit heavier, but the performance difference is negligible. Additionally, the suspension setup on the P5 is GREAT, better than a regular Protege (although I think some ES models may a similar setup). Mileage difference is negligible.

4. Service Manual Here.

Good luck on your search.

Last edited:
You might start worrying about reliability at 150,000 miles or more, unless the previous owner didn't follow maintenance. If it's clean I'd say about $6500, but check on autotrader to get a better average price.There is a link to the Mazda service manual, but I don't have it on this computer and the owners manual that should come with the car you are looking at has the service intervals.

thanks for lookin!

Back