Early Deer Season in Indianapolis

MazdaMark3

:
2008 Mazda 3 GT
On my way to work.....6:30am. A rather large deer decides that she needs to cross the road at the exact same time I am driving by. So it runs into my 08 M3 GT. The pictures speak for themselves. Once I get my estimate back from the body shop, I will share. I know already though that the headlight assembly is $900.

Now my agony is more intense because Enterprise gave me an 08 Chrysler Sebring sedan. Now I know why Chrysler is on the ropes as an automaker. Chrysler should be ashamed of themselves for producing such a POS.

Attachments

• car1.jpg
    car1.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 192
  • car2.jpg
    car2.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 173
  • car3.jpg
    car3.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 169
ugh... that sucks

could have been a lot worse however... also it appears you didn't get the typical s*** smear that seems to follow any type of deer/moose hit... man those things stink!!! enjoy your sebring (lol) and you shouldn't be out of commision for long.

Actually yes there was a nice s*** smear right on the wheel well that I had to pull out so I could drive it 2 miles to the body shop. Thankfully I had some baby wipes in my car so I could wipe my hands off.

Im still too pissed off at the time being but as I cool down I will realize that yes I am quite lucky and it could have been a LOT worse. My dad totaled his 01 Miata 2 years ago when a deer ran out in front of him. That deer was a 6 pointer too.

I bet the cop that was interrupted from his morning coffee that had to respond to my call went back and got that deer off the side of the road to turn into summer sausage!

WOW, and your airbags did not deploy as well!!!
whats going on????
why do my airbags deploy for NO REASON (cause thats what happened last week, i was driving and i got hit by an airbag without any collision-lol) and you guys dont get protection from them?

well the important thing is that you are safe =)

Cold Air Intake advice

I got the call from my insurance adjuster late yesterday afternoon and its a $4600 repair job. Some plastic parts were damaged and was surprised to hear that the radiator was cracked.

While these guys have my car broken down, I am strongly considering going ahead and having them install a cold air intake upgrade. I just want to make sure I get one that my warranty will still be good. I havent done much research on it but a guy I know through work had his Mazda dealer upgrade his and he loves it. I want to do the same. Any advice out there??

Back