trailer hitch

i have a 2008 CX-9 i wanted to install a trailer hitch. if i install an after market hitch will it void any warrant from mazda? or do i have to install the original from mazda not to void warranty?

thanks

first off they would have to prove the hitch caused the problem......and no it's won't void a warranty by putting on an aftermarket hitch

thanks

want about a tranny cooling kit is it a good idea to install one or not?

that would depend....say you are pulling a camper cross country....i'ld say yes, that might void, i'ld check with a 'good' local dealer about that one

if you are pulling a boat to a local lake, hell no

Install a tranny cooler if you want to tow more than 2000lb (which is standard tow rating). Heat is the major killer of tranny.

Moss-Magus. Act says that the warranty on the OE part is voided if the aftermarket part causes the failure of the OE part.

I found a couple options on Autoanything.com for under $100. I plan on buying one but I was hoping someone had an experience with one already. I just pull a trailer with bikes and quads and only about 14 miles each way, but still feel this would be beneficial and a good safety net.

Ditto.

I still want to know how it ties in. Looks like the factory one replaces the front loop. Can anyone with the towing package verify this? Also, the actual size of the unit.

on my dakota is a tiny loop with fins that sits directly in front of the tranny case and that's the stock oil cooler for it.....i have never seen the belly of the cx9 soo.....

Mazda told me they don't have an OEM cooler and I would have to buy an aftermarket. It really wasn't worth my time asking what they put on the new CX-9's with a tow package.

Probably like the hitch receiver for 07, 08. You can only buy it to replace one already on the car.

I was hoping someone with the towing package read through all the threads anyway, like I do, but I guess I will have to take a look at a new CX9 on a lot somewhere that has it.

I just want to know if they have taps in place already, and what size the cooler is.

OR, get a look at someone else's after market install. I have a factory receiver, but would like to up the towing from 1500lbs.

I can take a look on mine. I've got the towing package, but you would have to point me in the general direction where I should be looking....

I would assume it's in front of the radiator and condenser, maybe above the power steering loop. Look through the lower grill and see if you have 3 cooling units.

I wouldn't think Mazda uses a rail system for towing.

I took a look at it very quickly this morning and it looks like there's only one loop of tubing in front of the radiator. It runs the entire width of the radiator, but I would imagine that's for the power steering. There are a few, what look like, "heat sinks", behind the radiator on the left and right. Sorry I'm in the IT field and not a mechanic by any stretch of the imaginiation, but it's kind of what they look like to me. They are mounted horizontally into the back of the radiator area. I didn't have a whole lot of time to check this out this morning, but hopefully i'll be able to take a better look tonight.

The largest in back is the radiator. The next one directly in front of it is the condenser for the A/C. There should be a smaller third one in front of that.

That will be the ATF cooler.

The largest in back is the radiator. The next one directly in front of it is the condenser for the A/C. There should be a smaller third one in front of that.

That will be the ATF cooler.

Okay, it looks like the ATF cooler, if I'm looking at this correctly is actually above the radiator. It runs the length of the radiator and it's aluminum looking in color. It's hard to see, you can't see it from the top, the only way you can see it is if you look to the left and right of the front Mazda emblem. Do you want to check yours and see if you see this on the sport? I'm pretty sure it's not a part of the radiator because it's a totally different color. Anything else you need me to look at or was that it? Sorry it took me so long to get back to you.

Back