2006 mazda 3 hatchback keyfob issues and questions

My keyless entry has been working fine since i got the car last year used.

the problem im having is randomly the keyfob will just stop working.

ive changed the battery, tried the reprogram technique, nothing worked and i was about to give up...

then my 1 year old son was playing with my keys, now the keyfob had not worked for a week, all the sudden started working again...it worked for a week.

i opened it up popped the battery out popped it back in and it still worked and i was happy...

well today it stopped working again, and i read on this forum somewhere that there was older defective keyfobs with a bad ground pin with the 2006 models.

is that ground pin the one that the battery sits on its a bar with 3 prongs, does that need to be bent up or touching the circuit board... any help would be appreciated....

Couple of quick questions/suggestions.

1) is it only this keyfob that has the problems, or is it both of them (assuming you got two when you got it used). If you only have one try to find someone with a '04-'06 Mz3 and program in one of their remotes (they can program it back to their car easily) and see if that one has problems as well.

2) when the keyfob doesn't work try opening the car's door and see if it chimes as if the key is in the ignition.

Back