Why did you buy a MSP?

Yeah, unfortunately every time I have some money saved up, something happens to prevent the mods. LOL. Finally have it running decent, so hopefully it holds up so I can start the good mods.

Yeah, unfortunately every time I have some money saved up, something happens to prevent the mods. LOL. Finally have it running decent, so hopefully it holds up so I can start the good mods.

LOL, i know how that feels... First my wastegate, then my LSD, and now my motor mounts HAHA

needed to get wife a new car, cheap and reliable. was loooking at focus, and some kia...then i saw a protege ES...fell in love, convinced the wife to get it....a year later after joining this forum, i found out about the turbo version and i said to my wife...i want one....looked for it...found it...bought it...and i've been kicking it for 2 years....even tho is kind of falling apart at 110k miles :(
-don't worry baby, i'll take care of j00!

I bought the MSP because I was in the market for a brand new car that did not look like everything else, offered up a lot of fun driving, was well equipped and wouldn't break the bank to own. Its the 2nd boosted car from Mazda that I have owned. For less than 20K it could not be beat.

So far it has not let me down and its still fun to drive with 74K on the odometer. Been to the dealer for the flash and bushings and that's it.

I went to the tracks in nashville one day and there was a black msp out there murking on everyone on the track, i was like hell yea i want one of those. well 5 months later and countless days of searching all the online car places i fount one in bell mead 1 owner 39k miles for 11,800! so i hopped on it and that was my 18th bday present woo! go mom and dad!

I bought the MSP because I was in the market for a car that did not look like everything else, offered up a lot of fun driving, was well equipped and wouldn't break the bank to own.

Been to the dealer for the flash and bushings and that's it.

^^^+1 on all the above.

I love Mustangs but like the all makes of Hondas Civic, Neon SRT-4 (don't care, the inside screams NEON), new Challengers, G35s and Nissan 350's etc everyone's got one no matter where you go. Hell I'm even starting to see a few more Mazda 3 & 6's around but only one other MSP with outta state plates...

Lets see, new what a speed was . After loosing my old Car and House and everything I Freaking owned to ( Hurricane Katrina )That WITCH .I was in the market for a car, Starting looking at 4 different cars then narrowed it done to 2 . Was looking for something easy on the gas but fun to drive. Did some research on the car .Found one in a car mag by the house went buy , test drove it, bought it home ! I bought the car with only 21K miles on it since then i drove for about a year and half then . Finally got me a new house ( 4 years with out a home ) think about it !!!!! Now my speed has its own garage . Bought a truck now for a daily driver and now starting to put some money into the speed . Sry forgot it's a Black Mica 2003. have been ordering parts for here for the past year with the money I can save . Have about enough now to get started Still tryig to decide wich intake manifold to by . I love this car , it gets looks all the time !!!!!!!! Been asked to sell it about 10 times ,lmao told them NO WAY . this little car handles like a dream

Last edited:
I had a del sol, loved it but wanted boost and a 5sp. Every time i read a tuner mag I saw a spicy msp ad either in the front or back of the mag(can't remember). I knew I could afford a car payment at the time and hadn't seen one on the street yet, so I went to the dealer to see what it was all about. Brought me a Blazing Yellow home that day in July 03

Shootz sold it to me after driving up some twisties. I didn't even drive it before I said I'd buy it.

i needed a new DD and this car was on the list of what i wanted. saw one in the paper for 7000, went to look at it the next day and had the keys a week later.

i had an mx6 since i was 17 then my senior year in high school the msp came out and i thought it was just sooooo sweet.I wanted one since they came out but i went through motorcycles and tryin to buy other cars but this one stood out everytime. Then a day came when I passed a lot that had a silver one, I went looked at it, asked how much, test drove it and the 3 days later I bought it. Blew up but still super in love with it everyday and I will never give it up. Hints my sn lovemyFS2003. I love the fs-de for some sick unkown reason. This car and the people who drive them are a one of a kind community and not just anyone can be in or part of.

I thought they looked very nice for being stock. However, I was very turned off by the fact that they couldn't handle boost for s***, and that like the GTI's (mk4), they made very little extra power with the turbo. I mean come on, in stock form the turbo only added 30 HP to the protege. Once I found one built, I went for it.

I thought they looked very nice for being stock. However, I was very turned off by the fact that they couldn't handle boost for s***, and that like the GTI's (mk4), they made very little extra power with the turbo. I mean come on, in stock form the turbo only added 30 HP to the protege. Once I found one built, I went for it.

your car is nice man i just wish it wasnt so far away haha.

I was driving my 93 Geo Storm for a couple years after i graduated high school and i was looking for something new to drive. I knew all about the Mp3 and always wanted one of those instead of the msp but could never find one in my area that was for sale. I went to settle on an '01 ford ranger that i had test drove at the mazda dealer. Followed the salesman into the showroom and started to run my credit and all that good stuff and i looked to my left and saw the spicy trunk lid over the top of one of the lincoln towncars in the showroom. Told my mom to start the paper work with the salesman and that i would be right back. Started looking at it a little bit and that was all it took. Pulled it off the showroom floor and took it for a test drive. Brought it home that same night after a late night at the dealer (they stayed open late to make the deal). Had a couple of doubts on the car when i first bought it but glad i held on and paid it off and now the real fun starts with more of the serious mods I've been waiting to do to it. Now i just need to get home from iraq and then its on and then ill make sure to post a bunch of the pictures on here.

(usa)..jerseyplaya2g1, be safe over there & Thanks for your service dude.

7zimmer7, pretty broad brush there man. I love OG stock Mustangs and the Shelby GT and Saleen models are beauties. I'd never abuse a car I disliked I'd just unload ASAP.

Back on topic, going to work everyday & arriving with a grin after driving is worth all the quirks our MSP's have..

Loved the design of the MP3, but it lacked the power.

When the MSP came out with 50+ more HP, I had to get one.

Not the most powerful in it's class, but I'm more for the handling aspect of the car than speed.

Back