Removing Side Step Moulding

Bear600rr

I am looking to remove the side step molding (Rocker Covers) on both sides of my 02 P5 to fix some rust issues. I have the manual but it is useless - it simply states to remove the clips A & B.

I have looked at them and there has to be a method of releasing the clips from the bottom or the top and probably an order to remove them also... Finally at the very back of the molding are two fasteners that have a head similar to a rivet.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. If this subject has already been covered my apologies. I did several searches on the site and found nothing. Being a new member I have little knowledge, as yet, as to site content - just stumbled on the forum doing a search for help with this issue.

Cheers

Molding

Mazda calls it the "side step molding". Its the exterior trim located below the doors, running from the front wheel well to the rear wheel well.

Bump

Bump!

Still looking for assistance in removing the side step/rocker moldings...

Anyone please......hope to remove them today..

according to what Ive heard and read on here... pop out the fasteners you called "rivets" on the sides of the skirts, then you simply pull hard on the skirt. There are about 18 clips total holding the skirt on, so youll more than likely break a few in the process.

Back