easy way to install Hid??

alexelie

:
protege5 red
is there an easy way to install those HID? i mean there is instructins that come with the kit but there is no way i can install that with what they wrote. There is the bulb and the male and female plug that come out of it and they pass trough a rubber thing. but there is also another red and black wires that go towrd the lamp and also pass trough the plastic thing. what i do with them?? i mean when the lamp will be on, how can i plug that anywhere? Also, do i connect the lamp directly to the ballast and then...?

So now i have two bulb (with wire things), two ballast....and there is another thing with a lot of wire that i dont know what to do with them...

im completly lost so is there any tutorial with good pictures?

thank you

is there different wires between h4 and h7 cause it seems like the h4 diagram is perfect for the wirs i have...damn, i hope not cause if thats the case, this will be the second time they send me the wrong bulb.

i know, i orderd the h7 one and the guy told me it was h7 because h packed it himself. but i want to know if there is the same amount of wire with h4 and h7. cuz with the number of wires i have, it looks exaclty like the h4 diagram the the h7 which have like a lot less wires.

sorry my english is not perfect.

i know i need h7 that why i ordered h7 but im asking if the wires are the same on h4 and h7 cuz it seems like i have h4 wires...

is there an easy way to install those HID? i mean there is instructins that come with the kit but there is no way i can install that with what they wrote. There is the bulb and the male and female plug that come out of it and they pass trough a rubber thing. but there is also another red and black wires that go towrd the lamp and also pass trough the plastic thing. what i do with them?? i mean when the lamp will be on, how can i plug that anywhere? Also, do i connect the lamp directly to the ballast and then...?

So now i have two bulb (with wire things), two ballast....and there is another thing with a lot of wire that i dont know what to do with them...

im completly lost so is there any tutorial with good pictures?

thank you

Man I totally feel you - I had bought my HID kit from ebay about a month ago and the instructions were better to wipe my ass with, than good reading material for installation instructions.

Basically, I went over everything and figured out how it worked before I actually installed it, and it went VERY well. Let's just say, i now have people flashing their high beams at me because they think my brights are on. I can take some pictures tonight of how I set it up, once you see it, you will understand it all.

It is an easy install, it took me 15 minutes per headlight to get it all setup, now the foglamp HID's.......there is where your troubles lie. Buy the PIAA replacements rather than doing the HID conversion kits for the H3. The PIAA are an amazing brilliant blue, where the HID conversion looks more yellow than anything. Quite disapointing if you ask me.

cnviper1

Last edited:
Are you using the relay and the battery harness? If so, you will have an extra set of wires coming from both bulbs and one of the original headlight plugs won't be used. Hope this helps. i was confused as hell too when i first thew my DDM's in. before you do anything else, make sure the colors are correct and match. Mine didn't and it has been a PITA to get that sorted out.

I know that mine didn't have a battery harness, the ballast came with a plug that splits into two wires ( red and black ) and went into the H7 factory socket, and from the other end of the balllast, two wires ( red and black) extended to the bulb that fit perfectly into the headlight.

Last edited:
I know that mine didn't have a battery harness, the ballast plugged into the H7 factory socket, and from the balllast, two wires ( red and black) extended to the bulb that fit perfectly into the headlight.

Yeah, without the harness it plugs in cleanly. I think it ships with the harness as a default now.

thank you, i will post some pictures of what i have so maybe you can tell me if i have the good set.

sounds good alexelie - i'll keep checking back to see your pictures of the conversion kit you have.

Also, anyone know of anybody that have fitted Mazda 3 headlights on a Pro 5? I found this absolute badass pair of projection headlamps, but cant seem to find anyone daring enough to do it.

Last edited:
some pictures of my kit:
gj84gwkk2009413175114wgm96dr9.jpg

36vvv1662009413175236fha04xr4.jpg

5id0m56r200941317530t5p2fh11.jpg

099atuon2009413175317bcre01aw.jpg

1:is this conenction good?
2:what am i suppose to do whith them?
3,4,5:what i do with them?

ok, so 1 you have setup correctly. the black and red flat connections plug into the white factory connection that you would normally plug regular headlights into.

3,4,5 looks like the battery harness - I didn't use one, but mine didn't come with one. It's essentially an alternate method of connecting your headlights from using the factory white connector. You shouldn't need it.

thank you, it seems pretty easy, but i heard the light would flicker or stg because of the day light...in this case, would i need to use the other harness?Also, how do i remove the plastic cover? and when i plug the black and red wires, is there a specific place or any hole is ok ??

Last edited:
You break the plastic cover off.

4 is actually 2 parts. the red connects to the battery, the 2 black prongs are part of the relay abd plug into the headlight plug (this detects if it is switched on and it doesn't matter which way it plugs in)

5 is the relay, I just ziptied mine to where my air-filter box used to be.

3 plugs into the ballast on each side. I ran the long one across the radiator.

2 is the extra plug i referred to. that is not used.

1 is correct.

I hope that this helped more. I had the same questions. also, i had to trim the plastic on the actual bulb piece to make it fit. there is extra plastic that makes it bigger than the normal bulb footprint and it wouldn't fit in for me. I'm at work so i can't take pics of what i mean :(

if you look at the halogen bulb top down and look at then xenon bulb top down you will see where the extra plasitc is. Just take a toenail trimmer and snip it off. DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK, it's just what i did and they have still honored the warranty (I had a bulb DOA that is trimmed)

also, fire them up in the casing before you break it off and make sure that they are the same color. give it a minute to fire up.

Also, please note that these are not guaranteed to fire up each and every time. These bulbs do have a "break-in" period generally ranging from 50-100 running hours. Mine have finally started to come on each and every time.

These bulbs also have a warming up stage, they do not reach maximum brightness right away, so give them a few seconds (15-20) to reach maximum brightness.

with the harness i've never had them not fire up with the battery harness (except when i had a DOA bulb) but they do take about 15 seconds to settle on a level of brightness and color temp.

I read that using the headlight plug instead of a harness can cause the fire up issue.

using the battery harness will get you cleaner more reliable power, and HID ballasts are somewhat sensitive to this.. I would recommend it.

instead of running your HIDs directly off of the factory headlight wiring, one of them is used as a switch for a relay, which pulls power directly from the battery, and then has its own aftermarket harness running to the ballasts, which in turn power the igniters and the bulbs. its a little more complicated and messy, but for the sake of both the optimum operation and longevity of the HIDs, its worth it.

Last edited:
Back