aux input media button question for cx9

You answered you own question. The Sirius replaced the Aux input, disabling it.

Actually, I was asking how to remove the dash without damaging it. :)

EDIT: Also, my BT hands-free has no sound. I imagine it is disconnected and I would like to check it.

Last edited:
I don't know about the BT. I think that's a separate issue.

When they connect Sirius, they unplug the Aux Connector, and plug in the Sat connection. You lose Aux unless you have the switch box. To lose Sat and get back Aux, simply swap the connectors on the back of the head unit.

Ok, I was confused. I thought you were suggesting a remove a panel behind the radio to check what was plugged into the radio. Instead, you wanted me to check if the AUX connector in the console was attached. I pulled the cover open and checked. It is connected. What is the IC connector beneath it?

How difficult is it to access the read of the radio unit to swap the SAT and AUX wires?

Took it back to the seller, they said it was a software setting in the radio. Now, both the AUX and BT are working and I no longer see the Sat when cycling through modes.

I did not see anything in the manual about this. Does anyone have an idea what they did?

Took it back to the seller, they said it was a software setting in the radio. Now, both the AUX and BT are working and I no longer see the Sat when cycling through modes.

I did not see anything in the manual about this. Does anyone have an idea what they did?

So what did you do? I cant fix it. Thanks

Back