2010+ Mazda3 reliability -- better info -- please sign up

P5w3kids

:
2003 P5
TrueDelta reports absolute repair rates that make the differences between cars much clearer. Results are updated four times a year, to provide initial results on new cars like the 2010 Mazda3 much more quickly and to track cars closely as they age.

Thanks to Antoine's support, for which we're very grateful, we've been reporting on most Mazda models for some time now. We'd like to do the same for the new Mazda3. Just a matter of how soon enough owners sign up and participate.

Participants report repairs the month after they occur. When there are no repairs, they simply report an approximate odometer reading four times a year, at the end of each quarter.

To encourage participation, panel members receive full access to the results free of charge.

For the details, and to sign up to help out:

Car reliability research

TrueDelta reports absolute repair rates that make the differences between cars much clearer. Results are updated four times a year, to provide initial results on new cars like the 2010 Mazda3 much more quickly and to track cars closely as they age.

Thanks to Antoine's support, for which we're very grateful, we've been reporting on most Mazda models for some time now. We'd like to do the same for the new Mazda3. Just a matter of how soon enough owners sign up and participate.

Participants report repairs the month after they occur. When there are no repairs, they simply report an approximate odometer reading four times a year, at the end of each quarter.

To encourage participation, panel members receive full access to the results free of charge.

For the details, and to sign up to help out:

Car reliability research

Awesome stuff and site. I just registered all three of my cars.
Only one car has information that I can see. The other two are not in here.

as more time passes, more people will register the '10 M3 and information will invariably get better.

Fantastic little website, keep it up.

Thanks for the encouragement, guys.

I'm constantly working to improve the site, and the key processes are all in place. It's pretty much up to owners to do the rest--the more that participiate, the better the information we can provide to everyone.

Three 2010s signed up so far. Not bad--but we have 20 Kia Souls. The Soul will likely be in our August results. The 2010 Mazda3 could also make it into that set, but only if a few dozen owners sign up in the next month or so. November seems more likely.

I do think we'll get there. 547 of the first gen Mazda3 signed up.

For the details, and to sign up to help:

Car reliability research

I signed up as well...my car is 10 days old, so it will be a while before anything needs fixing (crosses fingers).

I have, however, put 1200 miles on it already and got 31mpg Highway with the A/C running.

-slapHappy

Mazda3 s GT
T-Mobile Google G1

It's never too late to join, but when you've just bought the car is the best time. To minimize bias, we collect data going forward, so if you want to report the car's entire history, you've got to start when it's new.

We do now have 40 owners signed up. So a full result looks likely in November. Thanks, guys.

That said, with sample sizes more always better.

Car reliability research

We will have that full result soon. Thanks, everyone.

We're also going to start providing new stats for the odds of requiring no repairs and the odds of getting a lemon. These require larger sample sizes, so additional participants would be helpful.

For the details, and to sign up:

Car reliability research

We've released a reliability stat for the redesigned 2010 Mazda3 that includes owner experiences through September 30, 2009.

None of the 31 owners who participated reported a repair. While the actual repair rate is certainly not zero, it's clearly low so far, and excellent for a redesigned model early in its first model year.

Everyone who has been helping, this forum, and Antoine, thanks, this result wouldn't have been possible without you.

We'll have further updates in February and May. The more owners participate, the better the information we can provide.

Mazda Mazda3 reliability comparisons

Now 102 2010s. Thanks, guys. More participants = better stats.

We'll have updated results for the regular Mazda3 later this month.

We don't have quite enough data yet for the new MS3, because of its later launch. We'll have at least a partial result for it with the following update, in May.

Have a 2010 MS3? Help us provide a full result for the car:

Car reliability research

We have updated results for the Mazda3 to include owner experiences through December 31, 2009. In terms of repair trips per 100 cars per year:

2010: 6, better than average

A big thank you, once again, to Antoine, this forum, and everyone who has been helping. We'll have further updates in May and August. The more owners participate, the better the information we can provide.

Especially need more MS3s.

We've updated the reliability stat for the redesigned 2010 Mazda3 to include owner experiences through December 31, 2009. With 6 repair trips per 100 cars per year, the redesigned Mazda3 is clearly better than average, even in its first year.

Thank you, once again, to Antoine, this forum, and everyone who has been helping. We'll have further updates in May and August. The more owners participate, the better the information we can provide.

Just enhanced the related repair history survey so that it can (optionally) be used as a personal car maintenance record.

As always, more participants would be helpful. Especially need more MS3s.

Updated Car Reliability Survey results in May, with a preview for participants soon.

Car reliability research

Back