Iddle RPM

JasonBourne

:
2003 Mazdaspeed Protege
hi, when i drive with the car cold the rpm was high, but when the car reach the work temp. the rpm goes down to 5000 rpm aproximatly, and when i turn on the lights in the night the rpm goes down even more to 4000 rpm i don't know what's wrong, because when i turn of the light the rpm goes up to 5000rpm again.
I appreciate any help

hi, when i drive with the car cold the rpm was high, but when the car reach the work temp. the rpm goes down to 5000 rpm aproximatly, and when i turn on the lights in the night the rpm goes down even more to 4000 rpm i don't know what's wrong, because when i turn of the light the rpm goes up to 5000rpm again.
I appreciate any help

5000? sure that isnt a typo?

sorry about that, you are right i was mean 500 rpm and 400 rpm
LOL

ok lol i was about to say! uhhh lets see.... i would say to do a visual inspection on everything. check all your vacuum lines to make sure they arent cracked, check all your pipes and make sure they arent leaking.. only other thing i can think of is maybe your alternator is going bad but im afraid that is out of my lack of expertise...

Does it feel like the engine shakes rough at that low rpm? There aren't lines lower than 500rpm on the cluster. It starts at 500, 750 to 1k.

14 volts with the car on, alternator is good. I had mine at 13.2 with a bad battery. Replaced the battery and it went to 14.2.

To be more specific:
1 when the car is warm
2 when the car is warm and i turn on the lights

DSC00271.JPG

this is normal, your 1 and 2 lines are 750 and 700 rpms...

each tick mark line is 100 rpm, the think line right after the 0, IS 500 rpm

That's way normal, the first solid line from 0 is 500 the smaller lines are 100 intervals.

Back