lock doors

This is not an option on the 3. You could add something aftermarket with a lot of trouble, but why would you want something so annoying?

Hardly annoying -- my Ram, 300C, and even the Camry have this. I like the feature. Surprised the Speed doesn't have it.

there are some aftermarket keyless/alarm units that will auto lock the doors if put in drive or upon startup....but that's all i know....

IMO i don't like it.....my parents car does it and it gets on my nerve

A couple of weeks ago I had a rental that did this and it was really annoying. I park, go to get something out of the hatch, It's locked! I have to go back to the driver's door to unlock or get the key, then back to the back to get my stuff. Must have happened at least six times in a four day rental. I guess you could get used to it, but not me. My last car had it and I disabled it the first day. I couldn't find the disable on the POS rental PT cruiser though.

I got very used to auto-locking doors with my last few cars. I like the feature, personally. Would be nice to have the option available. But like any other software option, the customer should have the ability to disable it. (I also like daytime running lights, but with the same proviso)

Check out www.thespeedline.com. They sell a module that will lock your doors whenever you breach 5 mph (or so) and will then unlock the doors again when the ignition is turned off. It's a little pricey, but they're the only one that sells something that does this. Also they have a lot of great products, my mirrors being one of them.

Latest posts

Back