Koni FSD shocks

Didn't see a price on there. You know how much they are?

Just select your car on the right.....

Mazda 05-08 5 Wagon - Sport (Yellow)

Front Rear

8741 1490LSport
8741 1490RSport 8040 1354Sport

Retail Price: $612.00
KONI Online Price: $459.00
KONI Sale Price: $397.80 per pair

Retail Price: $452.00
KONI Online Price: $339.00
KONI Sale Price: $293.80 per pair

Im really not looking to go any lower with mine, however, I want a good replacement, i am 90 percent on the mz3 struts and springs...but i get some lowering then. would the konis work with the stock springs?

I am still eager to get some feedback on the Koni FSD's on a Mazda5.

And yes, they are designed to use the factory springs.(yes)

Hmmm

dima told me his MZ3 springs and struts only lower 3/4" but on another post a guys 5 looked slammed with them....

going to investigate this more

Hmmm

dima told me his MZ3 springs and struts only lower 3/4" but on another post a guys 5 looked slammed with them....

going to investigate this more

Only thing that makes me cautious on the MZ3 springs is the need to add spacers to the back.
I would rather not have to resort to spacers and use properly designed springs like the H&Rs.
IMO spacers are only asking for trouble down the road.

yep...thats what im thinking too. i like the way my car is sitting on the new wheels. wheel gap is perfect, handles great...just want better shocks so they dont blow out every 12k. I think im going to go with the konis....

Only thing that makes me cautious on the MZ3 springs is the need to add spacers to the back.
I would rather not have to resort to spacers and use properly designed springs like the H&Rs.
IMO spacers are only asking for trouble down the road.

That's a good point. Unless you have done the mod for cosmetic purposes and are just looking for a bit of a lowered look. But I want to actually be able to drive my car fairly hard. I think H&R's or something similar is the way to go for that.

I gave up waiting on someone else to try them, and give feedback, so I just bought a set of the Koni FSD's, and will update after they are installed!

mazdadude, any updates on these?

I am currently waiting on the shipment from Koni of Holland. According to the Koni rep, I am the first person in the US to order one, and Koni USA does not have any. So I am patiently waiting as my FSD Kit is in a cargo container heading across the Atlantic as I type this. I am expecting to have them delivered and installed by the 4th of July.(sad2)

Last edited:
awsome, cant wait to hear about how these affect handling if at all

I can not wait either! I have high expectations, as I am paying a good premium vs the stock units. The main thing that convinced me towards the Koni FSD's, was the fact that there was a seperate part number for the Mazda3 vs. Mazda5 applications. Whereas nearly every other replacement fit both the 5 and the 3. I feel that because of the extra weight the 5 will be carrying both loaded and unloaded, it deserves it own application tuned for the extra weight.(wrc)

Last edited:
I agree, i think they just use 3 shocks on our rides from factory. im after blowing out 3 shocks on the car and it only has 40ish kms on it...keep us posted..

Back