Stock Alarm "Brain" Location

rps13

Hey Guys,

Just wondering where the stock Alarm brain box is so I can disconnect it. Anyone got any detailed instructions on going about this?

Will my keyless entry still work?

Thanks

Why do you want to disconnect your alarm? The brain should be up in the drivers foot area. I'm not sure wether or not the keyless will still work, just try it and find out, and let me know.

Because Im sick of it Auto Arming after 30 seconds. If I get out and talk to a friend or something and open the door again the alarm goes off but it doesn't lock the doors

Are you sure it is stock? From what I have seen and know, the stock alarms don't auto arm. You should go to a reputable specialty auto shop and have them look into it. If it is an aftermarket alarm, you can have them change the setting so it no longer arms automatically.

it says Naldec on my remote I have. I heard that was stock. I was looking in the owners manual and the section where the keyless entry is my remote looks the same.

the alarm mod is on the front side of the steering column in driver foot well...and mine will auto arm if you unlock the car but not open a door

From your other thread....................

Factory Naldec? My factory mazda part alarm upgrade is a Codealarm. Mine only arms itself if you hit the key fob to unlock it but don't open a door. It also relocks doors. Mine doesn't arm itself just because you turn off car & sit there in it. After you get out of the car it only arms itself when you use key fob or key in key hole to lock it. Also I can open the door to get out, lock doors with master lock button on the drvr door, close door & walk away....the doors are all locked but alarm doesn't arm itself. Not sure what you got going on there. Maybe the Naldec is the factory alarm that many have complained about failing & removed? Welcome aboard tho.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by i12drivemyMP5 : 03-30-2009 at 07:56 AM.

i12drivemyMP5
View Public Profile
Send a private message to i12drivemyMP5
Find More Posts by i12drivemyMP5
Add i12drivemyMP5 to Your Buddy List

03-30-2009, 10:56 AM #3
rps13

Posts: 6 Hmmm ok, Next question...How can I remove the alarm part but still have the keyless entry?

Thanks agian

rps13
View Public Profile
Send a private message to rps13
Find More Posts by rps13
Add rps13 to Your Buddy List

03-30-2009, 10:59 AM #4
i12drivemyMP5

Posts: 3,879 Mine plugged in with an alarm harness in several places. If yours is that way, unplugging the alarm harness from the main harness should take it back to just keyless entry. Mine had keyless entry & I added the factory mazda alarm kit with harness module, shock sensor & LED. You'll have to get up under dash & check it out. Mine plugged into main harness in about 4 places.

Back