crank / cam sensor

01mp3rdm

:
01 mazda mp3, 98 f150, 96 dodge neon
Hey, im lost i have been going through the forum for about an hour and i know its simple to you guys who have been here before all i need to know is which wire from the cam sensor and which wire from the crank sensor i need to tap into for my microtech. i know all the wire colors for each sensor just not which one to tap... everything else is hooked up!

Last edited:
I have my notebook for what I used on the Haltech in my car at my dad's place, but look at the diagram in the FSM and it shows you. That's how I did it.

still lost

ok well i thought i had everything done... i thought wrong i got the laptop adapter today. everything is reading fine except for the crank sensor.. its not picking up any movement on the crank... my system is wired exactly to what i received from microtech. the diagram with my microtech says late mx5 which im assuming is the same sensors as are fs de any ideas?

Edit : more info! im getting fuel during crank and tps is reading perfect, i have the microtech piggy back with the mp3 ecu and im letting mp3 ecu run idle control fuel and so on, i checked resistance on both cam and crank sensors and there both within factory specs when i open microtech software i show 0 rpm on crank. i should post at least a low rpm for crank correct? the car ran superb before now.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Last edited:
Dont know what to tell ya man. My Haltech worked perfect first time around...

come on. your telling me nobody has had problems hooking up microtech?

well seems to the instructions i recieved were wrong..... needless to say i tested the crank sensor came to a conclusion wired the microtech the way i beleived from testing and now im getting spark and even a little stumble, to start or idle yet but shes getting ever closer.... ill play a lil more tommorow

played a little more today got a driveable street tune!

BTW, Everybody your help was greatly appreciated.... wait what help?

Back