Fog light install...

tillyspeed81

Contributor
:
Mazda5
Hey anyone installed aftermarket fog lights on their 5? Just curious if it's do-able, saw on sensinitas post on "how to bake and blackout headlights" that the sport model had the connections, if this is true are we already wired for the fogs? Would I just need the switch control?

I put the OEM fogs in. The wires are there, the plugs are actually mounted to the back of the black dummy panels in your bumper. All you need is the switch part. The fuse is already installed also.

I thought about putting aftermarket fogs in the panels but couldnt figure out how to aim them. I also like the look of the OEM lights.

Last edited:
I put the OEM fogs in. The wires are there, the plugs are actually mounted to the back of the black dummy panels in your bumper. All you need is the switch part. The fuse is already installed also.

I thought about putting aftermarket fogs in the panels but couldnt figure out how to aim them. I also like the look of the OEM lights.

Did the OEM kit include a interior switch to turn them on/off, or did you wire them up in a different manner?

by auto headlight are you talking about daytime running lights? Or when the lights turn on automatically when it gets dark? I don't think it turns on automatically at night because I don't have a light sensor thing, my previous car had a sensor on the dash. The switch is plug and play and all the wiring, and even the fuse is there...I wish it weren't $75 bucks for the switch and $200 something for the foglights....I ended up modifying my fogs and I was lucky enough to find someone selling a used switch...totally worth it!(headbang)

If any of these models (ie Grand Touring) have the darkness sensor then our cars may have them as well, but won't work because of the switch. That was the case on our Magnum, but this is a whole other can of worms- just hoping that it's that easy again.

hmm, I dunno, as far as the Grand Touring goes. I have the Sport model, mine doesn't have the sensor anywhere as far as I can tell...Anyone with a GT know?
Maybe I'll try driving around a parking lot tonight with my lights off and see if they turn on...then I'd know if there's some hidden sensor or something...(evil)

The sensor (if you have one) is on top of the dash near the windshield almost in the middle.

I had a GS (Canada) and had the sensor, now i have the GT and still have the sensor, if you have "Auto" on your lights control then you have it !

Well, the fogs are from the '09 Mazda Tribute cost me $40 shipped off ebay and found an oem switch for $35 shipped. So for the price of just the switch new ($75 w/o shipping), I was able to do the fogs using the factory wiring. I had to modify the fog light housing with mesh and mount the fogs with brackets. I never really liked the round fogs on the '06/'07 M5, didn't seem to fit right to me, too plain. The '08up ones fit the face better. (stoned) I wanted to mount them on the outer part of the bumper, but they fit better towards the center.aligning them was a pain(argh)

Last edited:
Back