Rear seat removal??

peas247

:
2002 protege es
i have a 02 protege es 4dr. my rear seats flod down in the back. has anyone just removed the backs of the seats. i need to remove mine to put a speaker box in that way since the mouth of the trunk is so small. any input would be great. thanks

rich

The back seats split in two. There are two bolts at the corners of the seat. Undo those bolts. Now go to the opposite corner of each seat (should be middle of your car) you will see the hinge part. that is Like a locking mechanism. Lift it up to the bigger hole. Go back to the end you unbolted and pull away from the center of the car you might need to give it a good tug but they will come out.

Unless you have checked already. I think the back seat area is smaller then the trunk opening.

The back seats split in two. There are two bolts at the corners of the seat. Undo those bolts. Now go to the opposite corner of each seat (should be middle of your car) you will see the hinge part. that is Like a locking mechanism. Lift it up to the bigger hole. Go back to the end you unbolted and pull away from the center of the car you might need to give it a good tug but they will come out.

Unless you have checked already. I think the back seat area is smaller then the trunk opening.

i figured it out a couple days ago. thanks man. trunk opening is bigger but the angle of sliden in the speaker box wont allow me to do it from the rear. had to cut out a tade of the rear deck and slid right in that way

i know this thread is from last month but i just want to add that it would be awesome to take off the top part of the back seats an replace that with a box and like some 12's an then whoever sits in the back will have their back to the 12's an the beat will flow thru their body. (thumb)

Back