JDM fsde vs fsze?

ghaze24

:
2003.5 MSP
I'm new here and this is my first post, so go easy on me please, haha. Yes, I did use the search function, I've been reading up for a while now.

I am looking at picking up a msp with a blown engine soon. I've been searching around to find out what my replacement options are. I am now familiar with what cars I can get the fs-de from in the states and may just get a short block and go from there, but I'm having trouble finding what I'm looking for. There seem to be a good number of jdm fs engines on ebay and other places so I'm thinking about going that route.

My question is, is there a jdm fs-de and how exactly do I tell it apart from the jdm fs-ze? I read something about the intake being different and coil pack/distributor, but I've been having trouble finding conclusive answers. I know the fs-ze has much higher compression, I do not want that, I just want to know how I can visually tell the difference in the engines.

Thanks for any and all help. I'll be sure to make a formal introduction when I actually have the car instead of just dreaming about it, haha.

JDM because they seem easier to find, theres a local importer that has a couple. I'm placing no special value on JDM, just the fact that it could be a complete low mileage engine for less than I've found elsewhere. I'm very open to other options though.

I would like to remain stock for now, I know its a good time to build something up, but thats not what I'm going for.

Ressurect the thread!

Also looking for a short block for an MSP. I'm in canada, but I'd be interested in what you have learned. I looked into a JDM engine, but the local japanese importer seemed a little dodgy.

I'm in the process of tracking down a factory approved rebuilt short block. I don't imagine that any contacts that I develop will be of any use to you, but the road I take to get one may be.

I'll post to this thread if I learn anything...ummm... well, anything at all!

(drinks)

Back