Dedicated Mazda6 S (3.7 liter engine thread)

rschmees

:
2009 Mazda6 S GT
I have not been able to find a dedicated forum on the web that is specific to the mazda6 s (3.7 liter engine) owners. Has anybody had success?

Obviously there is a big difference between the 4 cylinder and the V6. There should be a dedicated forum specific to those individuals that did not even consider test driving cars other than 6 cylinder or more, you know what I mean. It seems most people purchased the 4 based on what I have read on the web.

I test drove the S because we have a CX-9 and I was looking forward to seeing how the car would perform with the same engine. First test drive and I had a smile on my face!

I purchase a GT with bose and moonroof-metallic silver. Will order rear spoiler and splash guards. I was pretty much stuck with purchasing a sedan based on family constraints. Test drove Acura TL, Lincoln MKS, Maxima SV, Fords, and the Camry. The bottomline is that the performance / cost ratio of the M6-S was the highest. The Maxima, out the door was $8K more and was slightly better in the "fun factor". The Lincoln MKS with the same engine as the S but was much more expensive out the door (but is was a nice car). Fords were not good at all. Camry...I guess I had to test drive...what was I thinking? and finally the TL which was disappointing, I cannot really say why because this was my original car of choice from a long term quality standpoint.

Stupid stuff-During the test drive I stomped on the gas and burned rubber through several gears (wider tires in my future?) ! Going to work yesterday got up to 110 MPH and was still accelerating at a good clip. Did not want to max because the car is new.

Hi there,

Just bought a Mazda 6 S Touring, I'm finding it impossible to find any Mod info. This is the first run of a new Model so I'm not surprised.

First thing I would like to do is get it Dyno tuned (Local Mazda shop?)

Maybe some new 20's (245/35/20) <--- ???

My windows are tinted already (dealer), It cost me whole Dollar.

I'm thinking headers and stainless exhaust. Hi-Flo cat(s) ???

I could go on.... But I won't (smoke)

Oh ya, I order a "3.7" badge that will go in place of the "V6" badge on the right rear side. I ordered it from Europe (New Audi 3.7 badge off Ebay)

Also ordered this:
2e08_1.JPG

I hope it fits.

I'd like to get a single turbo on this 3.7 too (whitepro)

That's all for now...

Hunting around in cyberspace is tough. Like you said there is not much out there.

100% agree on the 20's (my 18's will not last long if I keep driving the way I am driving). I read on another site that there was a rub issue and that lifters would be required. I have no proof that this is true or not.

There is also a rumor that the Ford Tarus SHO would be a turbo version of the 3.7 !!! There is also some hope that a Mazda6 (MazdaSpeed) would have a turbo version also. Wishfull thinking I think?

Also tinted 2 days ago but was 150 as expensive as your tint. Can not beat a buck!

Next purchase will be the rear spoiler. Can find nothing on how difficult it is to do-it-yourself. The dealer wants $200 to install in top of the $400 purchase price.

I just start playing with the manual mode. All my other cars have been manual and I really miss "driving". Maybe I will get use to the manual mode. The car is a blast. I am trying to wait until plus 1000 miles before I really have check out the limits.

Cheers

Hey guys I am new to the froums and just want to drop a msg in this thread. I got my S Sport Sedan Grand Touring like about 4 months now. I went to shop and the owner told me that coilover might be out in japan the end of April. Currently they r road testing it. The owner said if the coilover is out in Japan he can get it in less then 3 days. I can't wait cuz I had my eyes on a new set of rims already hehe. If I do get the coilover I will let you guys know

Hey guys I am new to the froums and just want to drop a msg in this thread. I got my S Sport Sedan Grand Touring like about 4 months now. I went to shop and the owner told me that coilover might be out in japan the end of April. Currently they r road testing it. The owner said if the coilover is out in Japan he can get it in less then 3 days. I can't wait cuz I had my eyes on a new set of rims already hehe. If I do get the coilover I will let you guys know

Hey there, yes, I'm sure when those coilovers come out we'll all know about it (first)

What rims are you thinking about? What size tires....ect.

Isn't the Japanese 6 different than the U.S.? Do you think they would still work? I don't own a new 6 and don't know too much about them so I'm just guessing here.

I am looking at wedssport SA 67R 19 inch. or Tenzo Type M Version 2 19 inch. There weren't alot of 20's out there. Any good suggestion?

if anyone local me wants to let me borrow the car for a bit i'll get all sorts of goodies made for them :)

IF you get a hold of the new 6, can you also look into making some of the parts available for the CX-9 as well. Both are running the same 3.7. Love to see some headers for the new 3.7.

I enjoy mine, and the thing will do 110 mph in 4th. Unfortunate part is that the car was wrecked at the car wash. I'm waiting for the parts to come in so that the $7500 damage can be repaired.

3392867505_d99bc2e9a8.jpg

It goes at least 130mph in 5th at 4200rpm, but then the computer cuts the power :( shifting up to 6th only reduces the rpms. software limitations suck :p

130 mph limit due to electronic or other type of limiter?

I am going to have to double check the 130 mph max. I thought I hit a top speed of 140 mph and was still accelerating in 5th gear when I backed off real quick because I was on the turnpike and...well I didn't want to get caught. Maybe I misread the speedometer. It will suck if the limit is 130. Not that I will be going 130+ often it just the knowing that you can go ..well fast!

Any talk about altering the hardware/software limiter (if this is the correct term)?

New to this forum, so this may have been covered, but does anybody know if there are any turbo kits for the Mazda6 3.7 liter?

Hello everyone, I have a 2011 S GT. I love this car! Absolute blast to drive. Unfortunately mods are hard to find, I have been looking between forums for the past year.

Orange Virus Tuning now has a tune for the 3.7, just waiting for them to post the actual gains. The only mods I have is a factory spoiler which I haven't installed yet. I plan to get a Injen CAI, and upgrade the suspension, maybe get new wheels and tires.

I missed out on the modded throttle body someone had created for the 3.7 years ago. Anyone have any success finding mods? There are no superchargers or turbos for the 3.7. There was a thread I found long ago about the Cyclone engine having a aftermarket supercharger for Ford, but no one attempted to actually see if it they could get it to work, or see if the company was willing to test one for our cars due to the low demand for it.

The car hauls, and I even got a thumbs up by a 370z for somewhat being able to keep up. He was impressed. A lot of people don't really assume that the 2nd gen Mazda 6's are quick.

*Edit* I just checked the date on this thread and noticed it is a few years old. ~_~ I got excited for no reason. At least I see that one person still has a 3.7. (eekdance)(bow)

Last edited:
*Edit* I just checked the date on this thread and noticed it is a few years old. ~_~ I got excited for no reason. At least I see that one person still has a 3.7. (eekdance)(bow)

Yeah....I bought my 2011 Mazda 6 used in 2012. Love this car. First car I've had that I enjoy driving. They really made it for the driver in mind. But now that my manufacturers warranty is getting ready to expire, I'm looking at modding it. Love the body design of the New 6's, but I can't get past the lack of a V6, or even a Turbo 4 cylinder.

Been looking for something a little more "snow friendly", but I don't want to give this car up. It is just way too fun to drive.

I have a 09 2.5 6 Speed manual, and ive been investigating how to swap over a 09-10 Mazdaspeed 3 motor on over to mine........ It has 152k miles and everything is still original, all parts except the rims and tires are still original. Contemplating changing the plugs...but shes running so smooth that im not sure if i wanna mess with it....

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back