Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dedicated Mazda6 S (3.7 liter engine thread)

Hello everyone, I have a 2011 S GT. I love this car! Absolute blast to drive. Unfortunately mods are hard to find, I have been looking between forums for the past year.

Orange Virus Tuning now has a tune for the 3.7, just waiting for them to post the actual gains. The only mods I have is a factory spoiler which I haven't installed yet. I plan to get a Injen CAI, and upgrade the suspension, maybe get new wheels and tires.

I missed out on the modded throttle body someone had created for the 3.7 years ago. Anyone have any success finding mods? There are no superchargers or turbos for the 3.7. There was a thread I found long ago about the Cyclone engine having a aftermarket supercharger for Ford, but no one attempted to actually see if it they could get it to work, or see if the company was willing to test one for our cars due to the low demand for it.

The car hauls, and I even got a thumbs up by a 370z for somewhat being able to keep up. He was impressed. A lot of people don't really assume that the 2nd gen Mazda 6's are quick.

*Edit* I just checked the date on this thread and noticed it is a few years old. ~_~ I got excited for no reason. At least I see that one person still has a 3.7.
    Last edited by Protege99; 12-21-2016 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by striker5x5 View Post
    New to this forum, so this may have been covered, but does anybody know if there are any turbo kits for the Mazda6 3.7 liter?
    Welcome to the forum. There are no turbo kits for the 3.7.

Registered Member

Mazda6 3.7 ltr Grand Touring

Quote Originally Posted by Protege99 View Post

*Edit* I just checked the date on this thread and noticed it is a few years old. ~_~ I got excited for no reason. At least I see that one person still has a 3.7.
    Yeah....I bought my 2011 Mazda 6 used in 2012. Love this car. First car I've had that I enjoy driving. They really made it for the driver in mind. But now that my manufacturers warranty is getting ready to expire, I'm looking at modding it. Love the body design of the New 6's, but I can't get past the lack of a V6, or even a Turbo 4 cylinder.

Been looking for something a little more "snow friendly", but I don't want to give this car up. It is just way too fun to drive.

Registered Member

2009 Mazda6 GS 2.5L MT

I have a 09 2.5 6 Speed manual, and ive been investigating how to swap over a 09-10 Mazdaspeed 3 motor on over to mine........ It has 152k miles and everything is still original, all parts except the rims and tires are still original. Contemplating changing the plugs...but shes running so smooth that im not sure if i wanna mess with it....

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk
    Last edited by kevace1; 04-17-2017 at 10:11 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12