Best/cheapest replacement antenna for Protege5?

mnkyboy

I need to replace my deteiroted antenna on my Yellow Proege5.

Whats the best, cheapest antenna I can buy? Yes, best and cheapest in the same sentence :)

Buy a CX-7, S2000 or RDX antenna from a local dealer? If you opt for the CX-7 antenna check out http://www.onlinemazdaparts.com I bought mine there for approx $17 shipped and it works great....looks good too.

Attachments

• P5 - CX-7 Antenna.jpg
    P5 - CX-7 Antenna.jpg
    485.9 KB · Views: 1,225
cx7 antenna looks way better than s2k.
s2k is a lil too big at the bottom so it overlaps the base which makes it looks very weird.

I have the CX-7 antenna. It looks great, and is a perfect fit, and screws right on. Anytime I see a P5 with the stock one I'm glad that I bought the stubby one.

doesnt it overlap at the base tho?
cause i have one too, but i scored a short scion tC antenna, and it sits more flushed with the p5 base. where the s2k antenna's bottom is alot bigger in diameter than the p5 base. (confused)

Any problems with reception on the stubby?

I don't think so. Not enough for me to notice any real difference in my daily life.

As for the shark fin, I've seen a couple of pictures of P5s with them, and it doesn't look great.

I took the antenna off of my buddies MK4 Jetta. Works better but looked pretty much the same, so no neat-o stubbiness, also doesn't lay down when going 70mph.

Back