Mazda5 Stereo Install Sheet

On page 4 of 9, Step 1, it states “Determine a method to install the new radio. Fabricate a mounting bracket.”

Does the kit that Crutchfield now sends out include the mounting bracket?

Also, does anybody have pictures of aftermarket radios in the Mazda5? Just wondering how they look.

And of course, thanks for posting the install sheet!

On page 4 of 9, Step 1, it states “Determine a method to install the new radio. Fabricate a mounting bracket.”

Does the kit that Crutchfield now sends out include the mounting bracket?

Also, does anybody have pictures of aftermarket radios in the Mazda5? Just wondering how they look.

And of course, thanks for posting the install sheet!

Yes, they do ship one free with a radio purchase. (and speaker adapters, etc)
The manual was written when the 2006 model came out.
At that time there wasn't a kit available.

BTW, I don't work for Crutchfield, but they are an excellent place to get equipment. Not always the best price, but their service is unparalleled.
(and when they do have a sale, they just can't be beat for what you get)

Last edited:
Props to Bootman for the heads up via PM beforehand and for contributing this info to the community! (2thumbs)

(bump)

Just wanted to update this thread for new Mazda5 models that have a continuous center console rather than the one pictured in the Crutchfield PDF. Also, I would say that the instructions are about 60-70% correct for newer models, not 99% as mentioned. Hopefully this will help others avoid breaking any plastic panels or clips.

For newer models:

1. Remove the cup holder piece in the center console. Try pulling upwards, it will pop out straight up.

2. Remove the vertical plastic trim piece with the AUX input and 12V outlet. This piece is attached via clips and pulls straight off. You can pry the upper part first but be gentle. Once you have the upper portion unclipped, gently pry out the lower portion and unclip the harnesses for the AUX input and 12V outlet.

3. Once the vertical piece in step 2 is removed, you can remove the shift knob and shift boot piece. Unscrew the shift knob and pop out the plastic panel.

4. At this point you can begin removing the large plastic shroud that covers the lower portion of the dash/shifter. There are two screws that need to be removed at the base of the piece you just took out in step two. There are also two screws hidden underneath removable plastic caps at sides of the plastic and another two screws underneath the footwell panels that need to be removed. Once all screws are removed, cover the shifter with a towel or something soft so you don't scratch the plastic. Also, try and move the center console back and out of the way so you can move the large plastic shroud forward.

5. Once the large plastic shroud is moved away from the dash, unscrew the two screws at the bottom of the silver radio/climatecontrol panel and gently pry it out towards you. The silver panel will pop out easily on the bottom but will seem to be stuck towards the top. The top is held in with pressure clips so just be gentle and work it out and eventually it should pop out.

I just went through this process to install a hands free kit from Parrot and was bummed to find out there was a big difference from the Crutchfield PDF. I was going to post pictures but my wife accidentally deleted them prior to our holiday weekend.

Hope this helps someone else out.

Back