2001 Mazda MP3 speedometer and odometer problem

jakepshs07

:
Mazda, MP3, turboed
okay for the past few months my speedometer and odometer hasn't worked i've been trying to figure it out so i was wondering if there is anyone with simular problems. I've went to a Mazda dealership they sold me a speed sensor for the tranny which it had a cap on the trans where it went so thats ruled out i've looked around, I'm not to sure if theres a speed sensor behind the dash or if the cluster is just broken somewhere... Some advice would be greatly appreciated

That was going to be my question. Make sure all the connections are snug. It should only take you a few minutes to check.

ya i checked it when i started having the problem it wasn't it....is there anywhere else it could have came unplugged or shorted out

ive got the same problem in my mp3 i have no gauges and only a few lights it sucks ive ran out of gas a few times because of this lol ive really just given up trying to figure this out

You've given up, or you just haven't pony'd up and paid a dealership/mechanic to figure it out?

If your hole dash cluster is acting wierd it maybe the fuse (duh) but also quite possibly a bad ground.. find the ground and make sure the connection is not rusted to crap.. If it`s only lights, well the lights are burnt of course, i have a burnt one... And for the speedo, there should be a speed sensor somewhere on that transmission.. 90% of cars have their speed sensor on the transmission. I`m sure its on there somewhere.. if it was caped off then that`s not where it was in the first place.

yep taken my to a dealership and had it worked on paid 400 for them to do absolutely nothing i was pissed...ya but does the mp3 even have abs if it doesnt where would be on the tranny ive rebuilt the motor already and had the tranny out and couldn't find it....

everything else on my gauge cluster also works lights and all. Its just that my speedometer doesn't move and the odometer hasn't changed mileage...

my speedo doest work my gas gauge doesnt work but i do have lights come on when i started it my dealership couldnt figure it out im thinking i might try and put in a new cluster to see if that fixes the problem ive checked the fuses over and over and i removed the gauges and everything is plugges in tight and not loose any suggestions would be great

Back