anyone with Koni sport or FSD shocks?

I've read on some other forums that people are using the FSD's with good results paired with stock springs in autocross. I am planning on getting a set myself. I heard that they are still a fairly firm ride but they absorb sharp impacts much better than stock and don't have the floaty feel at higher speeds.

kwsmithphoto has them, and so does FreeFlyFreak over on MSF.

There's an install write-up here:

http://w w w . m a z d a s p e e d f o r u m s . o r g/forum/mazdaspeed-3-how-tos/16472-koni-fsd-shock-strut-damper-install.html (remove spaces)

And another one here:

http://w w w . m a z d a 3 f o r u m s . c o m/index.php?topic=135975.0 (remove spaces)

i have a set of FSDs new in box i need to be rid of. PM me and lets make a sick deal :D

My autocross teacher told me the regular mazda 3 guys really liked them, and I wondered what they would be like on our cars. I wonder how much it would be to get the valved for COBB springs. Ken you have any idea how much that would be

We just put them in my brother's 3 and I must say I'm jealous. They are really nice. Thanks Ken for getting them out to him so fast!

Britt

From what I`ve seen, the sports are supposed to work with factory or slightly dropped springs, like Cobb. If you go to Koni`s website, the FSDs were not recommended for the Speed3 last time I checked. The Mazda3, yes, the Speed3, no. This may have changed, so if anyone has more recent data that contradicts that, please say so, as I would love to put some FSDs on this car when I replace the factory units (which needs to be soon).

the current Koni application shows p/n FSD Kit 2100 4040 for both the 3 and Speed:

FSD kit must be used with stock height suspension.

Mazda 04-08 3 Sedan and Hatchback, Mazdaspeed 3 - 2100 FSD kit

i just installed these on my car last weekend, makes a world of difference.

the current Koni application shows p/n FSD Kit 2100 4040 for both the 3 and Speed:

FSD kit must be used with stock height suspension.

Mazda 04-08 3 Sedan and Hatchback, Mazdaspeed 3 - 2100 FSD kit

i just installed these on my car last weekend, makes a world of difference.

The FSD will fit the MS3, however I presume the damping is tuned to the non-speed springs. I shouldn't comment without the technical data in front of me. I imagine the MS3 springs being underdamped with the FSD kit, though.

I have Sports and they work great for the MS3 on factory springs.

yea, i dunno the techincal aspect of it, either... i was just going by the Koni website application guide.

I've got the Eibach Pro Kit springs on my ms3 now and I'm thinking of getting Koni struts/shocks. I'm looking at the Sports, but wonder if the FSD's would be better, any suggestions would be great!

The FSD's are not designed to be used in lowered applications...so pretty much your only choice is either coilovers, or koni yellows.

Back