My next project...

tunersteve

Contributor
:
2011 Mustang GT
I recently got a VG sharkfin from a member and installed it. Love the look, but the fin itself is quite large. Nothing I can't live without.

I was able to get an antenna from a 2009 Mazda6, which I believe is an AM/FM/SAT combination one, and is much smaller than stock. I'd like to remove the SAT antenna from the trunk and hide it somewhere, and with this antenna, I may be able to do just that. First, I need to tear the antenna apart and see what can be done, and compare it to the current car's setup.

I'll post pics later when I'm at home.

When I bought my car, the dealer that sold my car is a younger guy and a good friend of mine. He just took a short antenna off of a CX-9 for me. It's a stock Mazda antenna, but like half the length of the MS6 stocker. Is that the one you're talking about?

When I bought my car, the dealer that sold my car is a younger guy and a good friend of mine. He just took a short antenna off of a CX-9 for me. It's a stock Mazda antenna, but like half the length of the MS6 stocker. Is that the one you're talking about?

No, I'm talking about the painted mini fin that the 09 6's have on

See the fin just above the rear window, that's it:

2009%20Mazda%206%20%282%29.jpg

keep us posted with pics tunersteve

Will do. I have no idea at the moment if this will work or not, but I'm gonna give it a try. I have another project in the works, but that's a little more involved...more on that later though.

Not to bring this tread off topic, but your avitar is hilarious tunersteve! I crack up every time I see that stupid commercial... "You're gonna love my nuts!" LOL

BTW, good luck with your project!

do you have any current pics of your car with the larger sharkfin?

Not yet, I'll try to get some tonight so you can see the differences.

Not to bring this tread off topic, but your avitar is hilarious tunersteve! I crack up every time I see that stupid commercial... "You're gonna love my nuts!" LOL

BTW, good luck with your project!

Thanks,

I too laugh at the asshat who does the commercials. I saw that pic and knew it would make a good avatar. Glad someone else out there got the reference.

Any progress on figuring out if this will work? I've been considering doing the same thing since I like the look of the smaller shark fin and am put off by having that little black sat antenna mounted in a different location.

Any progress on figuring out if this will work? I've been considering doing the same thing since I like the look of the smaller shark fin and am put off by having that little black sat antenna mounted in a different location.

I looked into it today after I got back from out of town, and it's not a combo antenna, but only a Sirius. One possibility would be to mill the bottom down and find a way to adhere it to the trunk, but it's still up in the air.

I apologize for not posting pics yet, I've been working quite a bit and put this on the back burner for now...

Back