Blueprotegelx Turbo Build

I didn't realize people were actually paying attention to my thread ha. oops...
I just ordered NGK V-power ZFR6F-11 spark plugs. I'm still in need of a oil return fitting. I have one but I can't weld it on oil pan b/c it's brass. I've been looking for a nut but no one seems to have one for it. I'm going to contact the guy who sold me the kit and see what he did to his oil pan.

Dave B Instrument Cluster Rings, Prosport Oil Adapter/Filter/Sandwich Plate, Extra gasket for the plate, Reducers for turbo, intercooler, and maf, some gasket maker, I got fittings for the vac block, and in a couple is where my dog was trying to eat my couplers. ha. I guess he likes the 5 layer couplers. lol

33009052.jpg

33009053.jpg

33009054.jpg

33009055.jpg

33009056.jpg

I didn't realize people were actually paying attention to my thread ha. oops...
I just ordered NGK V-power ZFR6F-11 spark plugs. I'm still in need of a oil return fitting. I have one but I can't weld it on oil pan b/c it's brass. I've been looking for a nut but no one seems to have one for it. I'm going to contact the guy who sold me the kit and see what he did to his oil pan.

Dave B Instrument Cluster Rings, Prosport Oil Adapter/Filter/Sandwich Plate, Extra gasket for the plate, Reducers for turbo, intercooler, and maf, some gasket maker, I got fittings for the vac block, and in a couple is where my dog was trying to eat my couplers. ha. I guess he likes the 5 layer couplers. lol

33009052.jpg

33009053.jpg

33009054.jpg

33009055.jpg

33009056.jpg
nice. i like the vac hose.

I need to get different hosing for it now. the ones i had were 3/16 and these barb fittings are 5/16 cause that's all they had. I'm going to see if I can stretch it out to fit, ha.

Anyone know what the oil return size should be? I may just order a fitting to get welded on.

I had a local speed shop weld the bung to the pan, not sure what size it was sorry, why didnt you use the oil feed lines I sent u? the one fitting screws in the block where the stock gauge goes on the back of the block and the oil feed line hooks to it, and the oil sender hooks on the brass adapter piece to it.Check out kensei's turbo build on the return fitting I did the same as him.

I had a local speed shop weld the bung to the pan, not sure what size it was sorry, why didnt you use the oil feed lines I sent u? the one fitting screws in the block where the stock gauge goes on the back of the block and the oil feed line hooks to it, and the oil sender hooks on the brass adapter piece to it.Check out kensei's turbo build on the return fitting I did the same as him.

I did a search on his build and couldn't find his member name or anything. I plan on using the oil feed and coolant lines. The oil return line is still connected to the turbo. I'm only having a problem, and really it's not a problem, of finding a nut to weld to the oil pan so that I can put the oil return fitting on that you sent me. If you look in the first post you will notice I have all of your stuff you sent me in there in which I plan on using. The only thing I'm not using is the msp oil filter for the oil cooler line. I have a sandwich plate I am replacing it with to hook up an aftermarket oil pressure gauge. The stock oil sensor will still go on the back of the brass adapter piece that connects to block. I will be using that as a dumby light still.

I just went through all of his pages, well scanned for pics mainly and read through some of the posts. Pretty interesting setup he had/has. Can you guys tell me if this oil return piece would be weld on applicable? I'm pretty foreign to what and what you can not weld on.

http://www.atpturbo.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=ATP-OIL-023&Category_Code=ATP-OIL1

sure is weld on if you want it to be.. lol i know a couple of people (honda)who have used spare sockets and welded them to the oil pan. lol..

Just spoke with ATP about getting my order fixed since I ordered the wrong fittings. The refunded me and fixed the order and it's already been shipped! Their awesome...may be expensive but they'll be getting a lot more of my business!

ATP i great, just be careful when ordering their clamps, they use a different method for measuring that makes their clamps too small. i called them about it but apparently their way is the correct way

Thats odd. I don't think I will need any clamps though. I have more than enough just in case I broke some while installing or what not, which I highly doubt my T-bolt clamps would break. ha. Never can be certain though! ha.

Like I said though, the kit is basically done and I'm just waiting for parts to come in, so if you guys see anything that should be essential to the install let me know!

if thats not a ceramic coating ( the silver stuff) i suggest sandblasting it off and spraying it down with wd-40....

That's what I was thinking as well. The exhaust components are only temporarily, <1yr once installed. Hopefully I can get a hold of a custom downpipe and manifold by then.

I also went to the junk yard and got a pan of 94-98 626 with a 2.0 and had that welded so I didnt have to wait for it during my build. too bad I lost my stock pan so I couldnt swap back, I would have sold it to you.

Time is what u need.

Acutally I have a spare oil pan I got from Dubbydoo like a year ago that's just been sitting. So there will be no down time when installing. lol. I just need to line the fitting up with the turbo accurately.

Anything else I'm forgetting guys? I know there's something. Guess I'll find out when I goto install. lol

Sucks having parts sit there and stare at you.

Last edited:
Back