Blueprotegelx Turbo Build

I was curious if some of you guys could go through my pictures and list to see if I have everything, or if there is anything you guys think should be added/changed in place of something else as a precaution.

My Dave B Rings just came in, as well as msprotege.com stickers, reducer couplers & t-bolt clamps are on the way, as well as my oil sandwich plate. My bro picked me up a few different O-rings from his work to try and match the HKS SSQV, as well as more 3/16 hose, electrical connectors, studs & fittings for vac block, a few more t-bolt clamps. This weekend I will be picking up my exhaust gaskets, oil, oil filter, and coolant.

Edit: I just realized I erased the mods in my sig that I have on the car now. I think the only mods of importance for turbo that were listed were: AEM Uego w/ Forcefed steering pod, AWR Front MM, and 2.5" catback exhaust w/ hi flo.

Last edited:
Let me know how the oil sandwich plate install goes. I got one forever ago but had a leak after install, took it off and the gasket looked a little too jacked up so I kept it off, haven't leaked since but I need to put it back on so my oil pressure gauge will work. It look liked a specialty gasket though, probably gotta order it from prosport?

I bought it new but I had a very ruff install with it so it was probably my fault.

Awesome, thanks dude, I didn't even know they had that on their site. lol.

Seriously. My gauge has been in the car for 2 or 3 months now, not working. lol. I thought it was going to be a lot more than 5 bucks or else I would of got one forever ago!

good stuff. hopefuly it all goes well for you.

dub.. HOW the HELL was the sandwich plate hard to install?? rofl. it's like a 2 minute install...

anyways. keep it up man. thanks.

My guy Mel kept telling me that we had to tighten that center bolt as tight as possible to prevent a leak but that thing is huge, like a 19 or something and there isn't room down there for a ratchet or wrench so I hand to use a 5lb adjustable wrench, at an angle, blind. Then I had to wire the s*** up after my arms were so weak from being straight up in the air. Then I had a damn leak afterwards.

Next try should be hard at all, the wires are still there and all that.

Well I hope things go much smoother for me. ha. When I get a chance back home and instead of doing the turbo install at once, I'm hoping to install gauges, oil sandwich plate, mam vac block, oil feed line, and the oil pan with fitting. After running the oil feed line and oil pan I will just block the ends off for now. Save me some time, and possibly try to install the front mount.

Just received my reducers for IC piping to turbo, fmic, and maf. Also received my msprotege.com stickers, and dave b rings, as well as my gaskets. Still waiting on my oil sandwich plate and extra prosport oil sandwich plate gasket.

yeah ha. just wanted something to represent the forums. i remember when i first got my car this titanium msp came cruising by me when i was at a light and i just stared at her (Amy- MSP 03.5 i believe was her sn) and I fell in love with her car and she had the sticker. So without her sticker I wouldn't be here...sniff sniff. lol.

My guy Mel kept telling me that we had to tighten that center bolt as tight as possible to prevent a leak but that thing is huge, like a 19 or something and there isn't room down there for a ratchet or wrench so I hand to use a 5lb adjustable wrench, at an angle, blind. Then I had to wire the s*** up after my arms were so weak from being straight up in the air. Then I had a damn leak afterwards.

Next try should be hard at all, the wires are still there and all that.

i hand tightened the center bolt, and then finished tightening it with the oil filter on it and had no problems.. did it that way on my car and two other proteges with no leaks

i hand tightened the center bolt, and then finished tightening it with the oil filter on it and had no problems.. did it that way on my car and two other proteges with no leaks

We'll I think what happened was, he was stressing to me how important it was to tighten that bolt as tight as possible w/o the filter on, I had to wrestle with a tool and plate for a half hour or so which jacked the gasket up enough to give me little dribbles.

Received my Oil Sandwich Plate today, thanks Ken. To bad the adapter is located in the rear of the motor out of site, has a nice blue to it. lol

haha, seriously. Mine is leaking again, I'm gonna take it off and put Teflon tape around the threads.

Did you get that new gasket yet for the sandwich plate? How are you installing it? I just got mine on Saturday. I would put teflon tape on there no matter what, on the bolts for the empty ports on the plate itself as well!

yeah, I put the new gasket on it. I used silicone and Mr. gasket with the inserts and sensor. I didn't even know people used teflon tape, FAIL.

So of course, I get to take it off again :(

Oh, and that JDM badge is required by all new drivers for the first year they start driving and the other one shaped like a pear that is orange and yellow is required for all drivers over the age of 75.

Latest posts

Back