clutch Problems

rjd86

ok so i recently took my car in to get the manual transmission fluid changed ( as per the manual) and about 2 days later i began to have problems with shifting into second gear. i only have about 72,000 kms on it so i wouldnt think it would be the clutch.. anyone have any ideas before i take it in?

Could be the 2nd gear syncro (have you tried "double clutching"?),or there is an issue with the shift fork.

i know that the fluid that was used was correct ( i looked while i was there and they put in the one required by the manual) and i had the level checked also.. and yes i can double clutch but as cool as that sounds.. honestly who really wants to HAVE TO do that? i just want it to drive nice and normal

What I meant is, that if it shifts for you when you double clutch, it's probably the syncro that is the problem....

sorry about that then.. i just am defensive about people replying to things without thinking.(i'm sure you know what i mean). i apologise again as you are not one of them.. im quite sure it is the synchro after talking to a bunch of people about it and i made an appt on saturday to take it in ( good thing i got the extended warranty)

Back