NEMOC Random BS Thread

nice sean! did you look at the 2? what didn't you like?

I did look at the 2 and the fiesta.

I prefer the styling of the fiesta, but there is virtually no cargo room in either vehicle. The interior of the fit feels more spacious, and the seating flexibility increases cargo room.

Plus the fit is a lot cheaper than a fiesta for some weird reason. A fiesta the way I want it is 21 grand! The mazda 2, even fully loaded, is a bit spartan for my tastes.

Honestly, I was looking for used 3 wagons, but I couldn't really find a lot of good ones.

So reading about the nuclear situation over in Japan and how the media is skewing it out of proportion is making me laugh. That and how people are regurgitating these inaccurate facts.....

This is probably the same reason why I can't watch submarine movies. I know enough to separate the truth from BS.

I did look at the 2 and the fiesta.

I prefer the styling of the fiesta, but there is virtually no cargo room in either vehicle. The interior of the fit feels more spacious, and the seating flexibility increases cargo room.

Plus the fit is a lot cheaper than a fiesta for some weird reason. A fiesta the way I want it is 21 grand! The mazda 2, even fully loaded, is a bit spartan for my tastes.

Honestly, I was looking for used 3 wagons, but I couldn't really find a lot of good ones.

I figured you would have held out for a 2012 Focus.

Last edited:
Yeah... I was watching the news about the nuclear incident. I was getting so pissed off at it that I called them "full of s***" and shut it off. It's such a pain in the ass to actually watch the news about a horrible situation, feel horrible for the Japanese, but yet want to punch the reporters as soon as they open their mouths.

Really? Lame! The new focus looks pretty sweet but w/o a stick shift why bother.

I would imagine the ST will have a stick, but based on the pricing, it'll be near WRX territory.

But yeah, they only have a clutch on the base model, which means black plastic bumpers and mirror covers. My fit may be small, but I'll tell you.. I got a lot for my money. I don't regret the purchase at all.

So I've been having trouble finding a job since I got into Hartford but I finally had an interview this morning and got a job offer this afternoon. The pay is below where I was when I was at Boston College but they give raises after 30 and 90 days and I could start on Wednesday. The apple store also called me up and wanted me to come in on Thursday. I suppose I could try to leverage offers but I feel like both would just tell me to go away.

So I've been having trouble finding a job since I got into Hartford but I finally had an interview this morning and got a job offer this afternoon. The pay is below where I was when I was at Boston College but they give raises after 30 and 90 days and I could start on Wednesday. The apple store also called me up and wanted me to come in on Thursday. I suppose I could try to leverage offers but I feel like both would just tell me to go away.

Depending on what the main job is and how the Apple job goes, try to see if the Apple job will work around your main job. Especially if you are really knowledgeable on their products.

Depending on what the main job is and how the Apple job goes, try to see if the Apple job will work around your main job. Especially if you are really knowledgeable on their products.

I'm not particularly knowledgeable about their stuff, selling it anyways, the position at apple would be for one of their "genius" positions. The offer that I got was also for computer repair so its basically the same job just without the pretentious title and apple discount. The two job plan is also pretty much impossible anyways because I am also going to school full time. I worked 40 hours a week in undergrad and managed to pull down decent grades but a lot of it was work-study type filler hours.

I took one semester of law school to make sure I could absorb a work schedule and I should be alright, I committed to 20 hours a week and ill probably do closer to 30-35 for the first 2 months but that's because the repair shop is reasonably flexible as I presume apple isn't. I've gotten used to a "work you're own schedule" mentality and not the, you get your shifts, trade the ones you can't make mentality of retail.

Apple also refused to meet with me except for 11-1 on Thursday, which is smack in the middle of my Constitutional Law class.

So you heard it here first, Apple hates the Constitution.

I'm not particularly knowledgeable about their stuff, selling it anyways, the position at apple would be for one of their "genius" positions. The offer that I got was also for computer repair so its basically the same job just without the pretentious title and apple discount. The two job plan is also pretty much impossible anyways because I am also going to school full time. I worked 40 hours a week in undergrad and managed to pull down decent grades but a lot of it was work-study type filler hours.

I took one semester of law school to make sure I could absorb a work schedule and I should be alright, I committed to 20 hours a week and ill probably do closer to 30-35 for the first 2 months but that's because the repair shop is reasonably flexible as I presume apple isn't. I've gotten used to a "work you're own schedule" mentality and not the, you get your shifts, trade the ones you can't make mentality of retail.

Apple also refused to meet with me except for 11-1 on Thursday, which is smack in the middle of my Constitutional Law class.

I've heard nothing but bad things from people that worked for Apple...had a friend work as a 'genius' there.

Good Morning! A nice brisk 24 here this morning....where the eff is Spring! lol

So reading about the nuclear situation over in Japan and how the media is skewing it out of proportion is making me laugh. That and how people are regurgitating these inaccurate facts.....

This is probably the same reason why I can't watch submarine movies. I know enough to separate the truth from BS.

True but it can be fun to pick them apart. When I watch old war movies and they send morse I sit back and laugh as they are talking jibberish.

I took one semester of law school to make sure I could absorb a work schedule and I should be alright, I committed to 20 hours a week and ill probably do closer to 30-35 for the first 2 months but that's because the repair shop is reasonably flexible as I presume apple isn't. I've gotten used to a "work you're own schedule" mentality and not the, you get your shifts, trade the ones you can't make mentality of retail. Apple also refused to meet with me except for 11-1 on Thursday, which is smack in the middle of my Constitutional Law class.

Seems like you've made your decision already Brian. ;) Reading what I bolded/colored above, I think the best fit for you at this moment is the repair shop.

morning all...off to another funeral...friends mom...have a good day...

:( Sorry to hear Mark!

yeah I left a message with them this morning with a sort of conditional acceptance (they do in-home consults and he never mentioned if I would have to do them/take my own car)

Thats exactly how apple will be. They'll give you more hours then you want and tell you 'too bad' we need people to work.

so after spending a bunch of miserable hrs installing that canadian egr valve the cel is back p0401...i can't believ it! i'm so pissed!

Latest posts

Back