NEMOC Random BS Thread

Does anyone know if Antoine's home in Kobe was affected by the quake or wave?

Nope, Kobe is south east of Japan and the quake was north east of Japan, maybe he felt it but not that would make any damage at all.
I'd assume he's used to "small" quakes by now.

Just talked to my sister-in-law via skype who is in Japan. She described the initial quake as being surreal. She's used to tremors as a regular occurrence but this was like being stuck inside a shaking soda can. Afterward everyone was very calm...Here in America there would be looting and mayhem but there they just walked the streets calmly and waited in line at stores to pay for things. They are still getting 4 or 5 aftershocks a day...which she describes as feeling like actual earthquakes. They are cycling the available power between areas so there are periodic black outs. For the most part she's just staying in her apartment. There isn't much else to do besides wait for things to return to normal...which could be months.

When I was at Honda yesterday, they were telling me their factory is shut down for possibly 7 months. Most of their products are made in America, but some cars like my Fit are going to have supply issues for a while.

I saw a picture of a nissan/infiniti shipyard that was just devastated. Thousands of cars, all total losses.

Glad your sister is ok Chris. That has to be a huge load off of your mind.

Ugg, trying to do taxes. Online programs won't handle my situation... moving from Mass to NH but continuing to work in Mass. An extra form is required. I tried filling out the forms by hand but they are ridiculously confusing. You have to keep bouncing back and forth and for each line the informational document has about 2 pages of guidelines and restrictions. Jesus, all I did was move...and its only gonna be a difference of about $50 when its all said and done. I wish I could just file the resident form and over pay just so it could be done. I think I'm going to stop by HR Block tomorrow.

Just got home from Maine...spent the last few days skiing at sunday river with Ryan and a bunch of coworkers. Was my first time skiing in over 8 years (have my last lift ticket on my jacket to prove it).

Might actually buy some boots and skis once the season is over.

here's ryan at the top of one of the peaks
196715_508611597205_108400085_30191751_5430579_n.jpg

got a clutch job scheduled in a friend of a friend's garage in merrimack on mar 27th. we'll have 4 people, but if anyone wants to try helping w/ a subaru clutch job or wants to hang out, let me know.

learned the subaru windshield washers dont work, front or rear.. motors sound like they are running.. gonna need to diagnose.. probably crap in lines..

best to you jeffy!

morning...i'm sore...between working on the car, doing the egr and coils...laying hardwood flooring all day yesterday, i getting to old for this! sat in a 2 fri...i could see myself driving one....don't think i'll be needing another commuter car...i'm hope the p5 can last me another 3yrs???? i'll only be putting 12k a yr on her so another 36k miles maybe? got 152K now...sure!
have a good day all!

yeah, it should last plenty good! just watch out for that rust.

Last edited:
Man, what a day, 95N in NY is full of pot-holes and guess what .. after going through few of them the front driver side developed a bubble on the outer side .. time to get new tires :(

Ugg, trying to do taxes. Online programs won't handle my situation... moving from Mass to NH but continuing to work in Mass. An extra form is required. I tried filling out the forms by hand but they are ridiculously confusing. You have to keep bouncing back and forth and for each line the informational document has about 2 pages of guidelines and restrictions. Jesus, all I did was move...and its only gonna be a difference of about $50 when its all said and done. I wish I could just file the resident form and over pay just so it could be done. I think I'm going to stop by HR Block tomorrow.

you might want to consider just calling the IRS, they're actually usually pretty helpful, and they're free.

I love this time of year...over the next 4 weeks the average high temps go up a staggering 14 degrees! Average high of 46 now up to 60 degrees by the 2nd week of April...I can't wait!

Saw Jenn's car today with her new wheels/tires on and all washed and waxed....gave me the huge urge to get mine cleaned up.

Good Afternoon NEPOC! Just assisted a co-worker in removing his front bumper to replace his headlights. More or less talked him thru it and he was surprised at how easy it was. Just passing along info I learned at my first NEPOC meet. :)

Hey Sean, the Fit is looking good and love the color. Guess, I'll be the first to say it...needs moar low! :D

Good Afternoon NEPOC! Just assisted a co-worker in removing his front bumper to replace his headlights. More or less talked him thru it and he was surprised at how easy it was. Just passing along info I learned at my first NEPOC meet. :)

Hey Sean, the Fit is looking good and love the color. Guess, I'll be the first to say it...needs moar low! :D

yeah, there's a wee bit of wheel gap (lol2)

I love the color though. It reminds me a lot of my 6's color.

Latest posts

Back