NEMOC Random BS Thread

Debating whether to f' paying a shop $400-500 to do the clutch and try to do it myself instead. Never done a clutch before, never worked on a Subaru before. Though I do have some time to do it all (can leave car in garage over a few nights) and it would be a good learning experience.

I might be working from home on Monday if you want to meet for lunch or something.

Little too early for me. Won't be getting in to Nashua till late in the day.

pres of the co called an impromtu meeting for 10 this morn, all employees...gave 1400 of us another weeks pay for having done a great job this past yr...not bad! the miata will be getting some of that for sure! ;)

Nice Mark. Jealous.

THe Piloti's will be arriving this Friday....We'll ship them out as soon as we get them sorted out. We can ship the shoes out to you individually or we can ship all to Mark.

Thanks Marlon. Is it possible to ship mine to Canada? If it's a hassle then send it to Mark. I will get it from him at the Mitty.

That looks identical to one I saw in Denver a couple weeks ago.

Good morning folks!
morning phen...everyone!
Debating whether to f' paying a shop $400-500 to do the clutch and try to do it myself instead. Never done a clutch before, never worked on a Subaru before. Though I do have some time to do it all (can leave car in garage over a few nights) and it would be a good learning experience.

go for it!

putting my annual spring "mod and to do" list together!
1 audio mod to the bose so i can use my nano
2 begi mid pipe with bung for my a/f ratio guage
3 ben's making me a dual vent pod for my 2 guages (had one on the steering column, really don't like the look there)
4 odered wiring harness for my new mazdaspeed boost guage
GR-Boost-02-thumb.jpg
got the guage from kansei/little chris last fall
5 install new FM intake abd boost controller

sat i need to install the p5's new egr valve and coil packs...she's been down all week! :( first time she's let me down in almost 10 yrs!)

sat i need to install the p5's new egr valve and coil packs...she's been down all week! :( first time she's let me down in almost 10 yrs!)

I distinctly remember a time when the P5 died and a bunch of us had to push it back to your house. Maybe that was just letting me down, but still. :p

Last edited:
The only downside about a clutch on a Subie is that the transmission is bulky and crazy heavy. I helped my uncle with one.

Canada Trip Day 10:

I was heading to the factory this morning for work here in rainy Vancouver, when the Mother Nature decided my trip wasn't bad enough with the rain and gave me some hail to go with it.

I don't know if you'd consider it hail or large chunks of frozen rain considering it was 7deg C outside this morning.. The whole parking lot was covered with it and my head has a few welts when I ran from the car to the front door.

Yeehaw...

Note: They were about the size of a marble.

The only downside about a clutch on a Subie is that the transmission is bulky and crazy heavy. I helped my uncle with one.
124 lbs w/o fluid.

People say a transmission jack cuts the job time in half.. I can get a used one off Craigslist and resell it or cheap Harbor Freight one and resell it for at least half the cost.

I may have to put mine on very soon. Just noticed a bubble in my front right tire. Pressure was down to 20 psi and it appeared when I pumped it back up to 38. Damn potholes. I know which one it was too. middle lane on 128N in waltham. I hit it twice. This was going to be the last winter for these tires so I'll start shopping now i guess and if I don't find something soon I'll just put the summers on and wait till next season to get new rubber.

For my transmission replacements, I've always just used my dad as a transmission jack. He just bench presses those things right on up.

Oh me either. My dad... well... definitely isn't built the same way I am. His nickname in our BMW club is "The Human Transmission Jack."

Oh me either. My dad... well... definitely isn't built the same way I am. His nickname in our BMW club is "The Human Transmission Jack."

Oh, his dad can mos def handle that tranny, if he can get under the car, he will have no issue. Seen the man in action!

Sorry to hear you were getting pelted Chris. Well not really.

Pod arrived today, spending the next 2 days unloading it.

I might be working from home on Monday if you want to meet for lunch or something.
i forgot you live in nh now!
I distinctly remember a time when the P5 died and a bunch of us had to push it back to your house. Maybe that was just letting me down, but still. :p

ya, a blown fuse...not that big a deal....you guys needed a work out anyway...sitting around my house all day drinking beer!

Back