NEMOC Random BS Thread

My trip to Canada, aka America's Hat, so far:

Day One:

Arrived at the airport and waited in line through customs for about an hour and half. Smart phone ftw on free airport wireless. Score! The scenery in the airport is nice. Made it to customs to have the lady give me a ration of crap because I'm here for 17 days for training on a new product. Got to the hotel in North Vancouver.. Pretty nice place with an awesome view and a bar next door.

Day two:

Woke up at 4am local time due to jet lag. Work doesn't start for another three hours. Yeeehaw. After work, went to downtown Vancouver to wander around and see some sights. Found a district where Phen would fit in perfect. Oh snap!

Day Three:

Woke up around 4:30am local time... Damn jet lag again! After work I took a hike up a mountain side since the weather was nice. What a view and it made me wish I had brought my camera. :(

Day Four:

Sick day. =/ Stayed in the hotel all day. Since it is Friday, my friend from the Atlanta office who is here with me wanted to go out to the bar Friday night. LOTS and LOTS of cute women at the bar. Pretty happening place for a hotel bar/pub. I can't remember the last half of the night and the curse of Phen hit me.

Day Five and Six:

Recovered from Day Four.

Day Seven (Today):

Somewhat normal wake up... 5:30am with the Alarm set for 6am. My buddy and I go to get breakfast and recount the poor decision of Friday night. Some girl at McDonald's is loudly asking a gay guy what it's like to have sex at 6:30 in the effing morning. Just what I want to hear while eating a breakfast burrito. Yum! Since the weather is nice today and it's supposed to be crap for the rest of the time here, I'm going back to downtown Vancouver after work to grab a beer at a hole in the wall pub/bar.

Will update as things progress.

got a subie lined up.. not favorite color, but cheap... should have the car tuesday

Sounds good. Thanks.

I'm planning to get a little bit of a smaller cooler for this year. Last years monster was over kill and this way it can go in someones truck if I don't take my truck once we unload your cars at my condo.

BJ's also opened up in the next town over so I was thinking about going there earlier in the week and buying stuff for the weekend to eat. That way I can marinate it have it ready to just grill up each night. It'll save us a trip to the grocery store like we have done in previous year.
That work for you guys?

Works for me

no, $1500, though that's with two bike roofrack mounts included ($150 street value, so $1350 for the car?)... will get cashier's check tomorrow, so don't wanna jinx it until then. there are some issues w/ the car, but it's a 2001 2.2L white/gray impreza OBS with 130K and NO RUST. but a salvage title and needs clutch, knock sensor and windshield. KBB value is $4300 for clean, so assuming I don't explode this thing, it should be re-sellable worst case for a grand or so.

Nice Oleg

Speaking of which.... The lady at customs gave me the 3rd degree when I told her I was here on business for training.. She didn't believe me that it would take 17 days total because it is a totally new quality control design and I'm actually helping put the system together too.

Also Bruce, damn is everything here expensive. With the conversion of US to CA dollars being just about equal, everything is just high in price.

Edit: Oh ya, everyone here talks funny, eh?

Yes, they are very strict about outsiders working in Canada. Gives you a sense of what I have been going thru with US Customs for 15 years and they are worse than Canada Customs

Lots of flooding around CT today. I was flipping through the slide show on the WTNH website and I found this brave Mazda driver.

LaurenJensen_User_Submitted_Image_20110307103013_640_480.JPG

One thing I had to do when I went to China was make sure I never said that I was working there. I was only there for technical support on a project I was overseeing. It's all in the wording.

Lots of flooding around CT today. I was flipping through the slide show on the WTNH website and I found this brave Mazda driver.

What a moron. Fine to go charging through on your own but to do it with other cars trying to get thru is stupid IMHO.

Morning all.

Pod made it thru customs yesterday and will be delivered Thursday. My brother and some of his friends are coming over Sat to help unload some big stuff. Getting a new couch and chair delivered tomorrow. Will be unpacking starting Thursday for a few days.

yeah, we got some pretty biblical rain on Sunday and Monday. We're due for another batch Thursday as well.

I had a tiny bit o' water in my garage, but nothing that even required a pump. I had that cleaned up with a shop vac in 5 minutes.

Yes, they are very strict about outsiders working in Canada. Gives you a sense of what I have been going thru with US Customs for 15 years and they are worse than Canada Customs

Well, I told her that I was here for training because of a new QCS scanner in development. Whatever though... I made it in.

I got word that my car might have sold! It was at Manchester Subaru so if you know of anyone that is from around that area that just bought one or a new member shows up, direct them my way.

I traded it in with 44,000 on it.

So some of you I talked to yesterday about the 6, I was waaaayyyy to caught up in the moment to actually sit and think about it. yes it would be awesome to actually pull the trigger and take delivery in a half hour but I cant do it. I know I finally made a decision on a car and now I am backing out. But the timing isnt right. I cant justify the purchase at this time. Maybe in a couple months but right now it doesnt make sense to do it. Family reasons behind it. But now I know what I want and what I am looking at to get into it. So maybe summerish I will get it. So the P5 will stay for the time being.

Well, I just bought that Subie!

$1500 for a 133K no-rust Cali car. Did someone say ENGINE SWAP? (in the future, maybe) Need to register it tomorrow morning and get plates.

My sister is getting the P5 and I'll be selling the Audi. So if anyone wants an '88 Audi 80 Quattro, holla. My sister is "so psyched about that you don't even know." So I'll be keeping an eye on the yellow car and doing the maintenance on it still.

Need to figure out a sound system for it. I got a mod list lined up already:

- no steelies (wheels + summer tires of some kind)
- leather shift boot
- 20mm rear WRX bar
- sound with subs

I'll take some pics tomorrow...

Last edited:
So who wants to Meet at F1 Boston sometime soon??????????????????

-R​

sorry man, i'm out straight!

Back