NEMOC Random BS Thread

Morning and that is one um...unique Subie....not my taste but someone out there will buy it.

So anyone want to help me troubleshoot my light issue? Just installed a new HID kit (35W with no relay..what I was running) and all was well until my ride in this morning. Looked at the gauge cluster and noticed my 'high beam' indicator was faintly illuminated, I hit the stalk which turned them on and the indicator lit fully. Pulled into the parking light at work and discoverd my DS lo-beam was on as well as both hi-beams (faintly)....turned the hi-beams on and both DS lights were fully on while neither light was on the PS? My first thought during the drive was a bad bulb/ballast but now I'm not so sure with the hi-beam issues.... Did I mention it's Monday and it's raining? (gah) what a way to start the week.

Are you running off of the stock wiring harness? I know you say that you have no relay but not sure if that means you are using wiring that is part of the kit.

My DDM tuning slim ballast kid drew a lot of power on turn on (especially during the cold). It finally blew the fuse on the foglights (where I had the HIDs). This was using the factory wiring and just plugging them in to the connectors which everyone said was safe to do. But now I don't think I would recommend it.

Are you running off of the stock wiring harness? I know you say that you have no relay but not sure if that means you are using wiring that is part of the kit.

My DDM tuning slim ballast kid drew a lot of power on turn on (especially during the cold). It finally blew the fuse on the foglights (where I had the HIDs). This was using the factory wiring and just plugging them in to the connectors which everyone said was safe to do. But now I don't think I would recommend it.

I am using the stock harness --- slim ballast--->igniter--->stock bulb plug Haven't had any issues with it for just over a week now and ruled out a fuse as one side works fine and both hi-beams are dimly lit when turned off....

My comment about the fuse was more about my problem, but showing that they draw a lot of power. Meaning that it might be screwing with the stock harness in your situation.

If you can, I would get the separate power harness for the HIDs.. Not sure the brand you have but DDM sells them for their kits.

Gotcha and might just have to do that....or buy a kit with a full size ballast. I've been reading alot of complaints from people with the DDM slim kits as well....

*edit* Just talked with the tech guy at vleds and he is sending a new ballast out today. He said it sounds like a defective ballast and it is bleeding power thru the ground into the high beam. Going to double check when I get home later with an old ballast that I know is in good working order.

Last edited:
Gotcha and might just have to do that....or buy a kit with a full size ballast. I've been reading alot of complaints from people with the DDM slim kits as well....

*edit* Just talked with the tech guy at vleds and he is sending a new ballast out today. He said it sounds like a defective ballast and it is bleeding power thru the ground into the high beam. Going to double check when I get home later with an old ballast that I know is in good working order.
i would agree, bad ballast...it's leaking

Oh no! I just bent one of my rims tonight! Stupid pothole. So any chance anyone has a stock MS6 wheel? So bummed out.

:(

2011-02-28195214.jpg

Thats crazy man! I hit one last winter and it dented my winter steelie but not that bad, atleast mine still holds air.

Awesome! No hotel. Either camping or if Luke will have us we'd love to stay with you guys. Bruce says he's not coming now? :(

I must have missed his post, but why isn't he attending this year?

Hoping I can, just not sure yet. Little too much going on. Don't count me out yet.

Man, alot has happened in just a few days... Happy B'Day Tony.

Got all packed up and moved out. Closed on the house today. No issues, little sad. Was very busy this past weekend. Packing, storing and cleaning. Also drove up to Montreal and back Sunday to drop off my daughter. Ride up Sunday morning was badddd. Cars off the road everywhere on lower 89.

In Burlington tonite, got this far after closing and freezing rain. More cars off the road on 89 again today. Towing the trailer with the snowthrower. Very tired, sore and looking forward to sleeping in a real bed tonite.

On to Canada tomorrow.

WOW. that makes me even more paranoid to drive on my ms3's with 35s

got a new bike in the running for me :/ . such a tough decision
L_INS_Team_Green_Frame_3_Side.jpg

Wow that sucks about the speed6 wheel..

Damn 35s? I didnt like driving around on the speed3s with 45s!

i have to run 35s to keep my speedo "accurate". if i can find a nice deal on some good looking 17s im going to jump on them and sell off the ms3s this year, even though they look amazing on the p5

Oh no! I just bent one of my rims tonight! Stupid pothole. So any chance anyone has a stock MS6 wheel? So bummed out.

:(

http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/af144/carterweb/2011-02-28195214.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
I do. I have 4 MS6 wheels in my garage right now and no MS6 or vehicle that I'd put them on..

Thanks Bruce

With a tripod i hope to do better than this....this was just a quick shot at my work, no tripod....
DSC_0214.jpg

Back