NEMOC Random BS Thread

Not bad Chris. WIll be running the 1.6, I assume it does not have the short crank issue by now. Mileage is good for the year.

Yeah.. 74k isn't bad at all. It could still have the short crank issue though. It is pretty easy to check for it before buying it.

So I have sold everything off my car (except test pipe) and it has sold. You might see a Cosmic Blue Speed3 around Boston that looks like my car because I sold my wheels to a guy in Boston with a Cosmic Blue! Nearly all of my parts went to local cars.

Now just need to find a car. I have been waiting on a title to come in on a 2009 WRX for a few weeks now but I have been looking for other cars in the mean time.

So I have sold everything off my car (except test pipe) and it has sold. You might see a Cosmic Blue Speed3 around Boston that looks like my car because I sold my wheels to a guy in Boston with a Cosmic Blue! Nearly all of my parts went to local cars.

Now just need to find a car. I have been waiting on a title to come in on a 2009 WRX for a few weeks now but I have been looking for other cars in the mean time.

^^^ have you checked kia optima lately, it has I4 Turbo = 274hp/269tq and 22/34mpg just under $25k out of box too, impressive right ?

Happy Tuesday NEPOC!

^^^ have you checked kia optima lately, it has I4 Turbo = 274hp/269tq and 22/34mpg just under $25k out of box too, impressive right ?

Damn, those are the specs on that Optima?! I've seen the commercials and also the one they rolled onto the court for the slam dunk contest over the weekend. Have to say, the car looks pretty good and with those numbers at that price.....

Heh heh. Amanda is spending almost $500/mo in gas right now. Her truck gets 22mpg and she drives 120 miles a day. i told her the best way to save money would be to buy a beater that gets good mileage....but why get a beater when you can get something that is a little more fun to drive? If we kept the price under $2500 it would pay for itself pretty quickly just in gas savings alone (assuming she doesn't find another job closer to home in the next year)...plus it would be something fun to take to auto-x events this summer.
I had thought something similar to that when I had my bike. It actually cost me more once you add insurance, maintance, etc. I guess thats why I sold it all and condensed to one.

hahahaha Bruce! Morning all! One more night of work, first 6 day week i have worked in a long time. but work tonight, off tomorrow, work thursday then off all weekend! Sharks game fri night, and some family fun for my bday on sat!

:(

chris, like the blue one...clean! ya, check for the crank fix before buying any that yr! see you tonight...we can talk more miata then...is amanda coming?

No Amanda decided to join her mother in Florida to see her grand parents (its school vacation week) so I've been on my own since Monday.

You'll have to tell me about the "crank fix". Since the blue one is at a dealer they prolly won't have records. The red one is definitely out. Guy gave me full disclosure...it won't pass inspection in NH because of the hole by the rear wheel. It was repaired by maaco 6 years ago and repainted (obviously didn't do a great job with the repair). Front qp was also replaced recently. Catalytic converter needs to be replaced to pass inspection. Summer tires are bald but included winter tires are fine. rear view mirror is cracked. yahdah yahdah...no thank you.

Happy Tuesday NEPOC!

Damn, those are the specs on that Optima?! I've seen the commercials and also the one they rolled onto the court for the slam dunk contest over the weekend. Have to say, the car looks pretty good and with those numbers at that price.....

Yeah, it comes in great package anyway you see it but the dashboard/center console isn't that appealing to me based on current standard.
It comes in 6spd paddle shifting or MTX too.

My bro was looking at it then decided to check the new jetta since it looks great but its power is 115hp (the $16k one) and he's like: " pfff, v'dub my ass with that hp" lol

What's up folks? Talk about a pain in the ass of a trip home. Stuck at O'Hare last night until 1am central time. I didn't get home until about 4:40 this morning. And, I'm back at work already. I'm... a little grouchy.

Yeah, it comes in great package anyway you see it but the dashboard/center console isn't that appealing to me based on current standard.
It comes in 6spd paddle shifting or MTX too.

My bro was looking at it then decided to check the new jetta since it looks great but its power is 115hp (the $16k one) and he's like: " pfff, v'dub my ass with that hp" lol

Haven't seen too much of the interior and your bro made a good choice by passing up on the vdub...IMO anyway.

What's up folks? Talk about a pain in the ass of a trip home. Stuck at O'Hare last night until 1am central time. I didn't get home until about 4:40 this morning. And, I'm back at work already. I'm... a little grouchy.

Damn....weather delays or did you get stuck in an airport bar? lol Either way good to see you made it home safe and I'd call it a day and leave for bed now.

Haha, weather and crew delays. We got well over a foot of snow in a relatively short amount of time in Akron. Akron has a small snow cleaning crew as it's a small airport. I guess they couldn't keep up.

Back