NEMOC Random BS Thread

it takes a lot to mess up the hub.

I rode on a bad bearing for months, because that's just what I do.

Then again I have spare hubs.

Yeah... I did a fun run on my bad bearing on the P5. That wasn't necessarily smart... but they can take a beating without hurting too much.

Morning all. Windy as heck here, branches down everywhere, mostly small to medium stuff. Trees outback are waving like a field of hay.

Off to Montreal today to pickup my youngest.

morning everyone! safe travels bruce! windy here too....i was going to go outside today to bring in the holiday decorations, but i think i'll wait for a warmer and less windy day. moving my son tomorrow back into his condo, renters bailed...so he'll just live there till his house is finished in may. he was able to refinance as well so he's saving 140 a month..so the renters bailing really was a good thing in the end.

What's up NEPOC?

I'm getting my crap together so that I can head to Denver this morning for the weekend. Time for a Phenventure in Denver! I wanted to go hit up Pike's Peak since I'm in a Mazda5 as a rental, but don't think that's gonna happen.

Wish we could refinance our condo...but no bank will touch our loans since the market value is 50k below what we owe. No equity == no deal. I did some math on all of our loans and it looks like I should start over paying the smallest one with the higher rate. If I made double payments I could pay it off in 8 years instead of 25...but I don't have that kind of cash on a monthly basis so I think I'll just pay an extra $100 and it'll be paid off in about 15. Hopefully before then the value will increase so we can refinance.

Power was just out for 2.5 hours here. I had to wrap the fish tank in towels and put a folded blanket on top. Dropped 4 degrees in the condo but I think the tank only dropped 1-2 degrees. Now everyone in there is happy to have the lights on.

It's done.

182663_508443229615_108400085_30188447_4983749_n.jpg

Pretty cool Ash!

Good evening all.....watching the Slam Dunk contest with the boy. Windy as well here and had to pick up the recycle bin as well as get my grill cover from the neighbors yard this morning.

Hey Phen, did you get a chance to get to the Peak? Also what is your opinion on the 5? Bro-in-law might be considering one as a faimily hauler.

Jeff as a 5 owner I can say they are great little vans! pretty fun to drive, plenty of room. That being said if you have more than two kids its really not worth it. You always have to have one seat down inthe back for storage if you take the whole family out shopping or on a trip. Dont get me wrong they are nice cars. But i just found it hard with three kids and sports and all the equipment to carry. But when I took it to LRP I had it packed! Three sleeping bags, 4 pillows, tent, canopy, two coolers, a few chairs, big duffle bag, 2 back packs, small fire bowl. It can def haul if you pack it right!

I did not do the Peak, but I did drive CO-119. Holy s*** that road is fun! 40 miles of twisties, and that 5 took everything I threw at it. I actually started yelling at this lowered GTI I got stuck behind for going so damn slow. Of course, I wasn't necessarily doing the speed limit either... but c'mon. If you've modded your car, and you have a micro-van on your ass, something's wrong.

That being said... if I had a reason to buy a family hauler, I'd be all over it. I've put 600 miles on it and have no complaints.

Was just on LRP's site and it has new camping rules.

Camping Policy 2011
Camping at Lime Rock Park is a lot of fun, and certainly ensures that you don’t miss one second of action. Lime Rock Park wants to make every aspect of the events it holds the best they can be, so we’ve made modifications to the Lime Rock Camping Policy for the 2011 racing season.

Important to note is that there are no big changes as compared to the policy in years past; much of it is re-stating existing policies.

Camping remains “first come, first served,” as it’s always been. For some of you that means you can still begin to line up on the Thursday of race week. Also unchanged is that you still go to set-up camp in your favorite area near your friends and family.

Here are the bullet points of the 2011 Lime Rock Park Camping Policy.

* There is a camp site fee of $10 per Event Weekend.

* Camp sites will be lined-out and marked. Each site will be approximately 20’ x 40’

* A camp site reservation must be in concert with a Weekend Event Ticket. Reservations will be TELEPHONE ONLY (860.435.5000). Note: Campers can still show up without a reservation and pay the $10 site fee at the gate, but we recommend reserving ahead of time. Site selection will continue as it always has: First come, first served, with the “land rush” line forming in the field on Thursday of the event week.

* Maximum 6 (six) people per site

* Maximum 2 (two) vehicles per site

Remember, you are not reserving a specific site; you are reserving a guarantee that there will be a site for you.

Here are the reasons for the modifications:

A. Fairness. We feel it’s only right that everybody have a fair chance at getting enough space. There have been situations where too much acreage has been grabbed by a single group, so we created big, marked out spots. Problem solved.

B. Safety. Yes, we know, you are probably tired of too many “nanny state” rules and regs making their way into your life, but Lime Rock has a legitimate issue: Ambulance access to every part of the camping areas. Randomly placed cars and campsites create real problems in terms of response.

C. With clearly stated – and restated – policies, we will be able to quickly straighten out violators. There will be a lot less gray area concerning space, parking and rowdiness.

morning everyone! safe travels bruce! windy here too....

Was it windy, damn. I was glad I took the Miata over the Focus wagon. Watched cars and trucks change lanes when the wiond hit. Mia just cruised along. Did 30mpg at 65 into a mofo headwind. Had a few whiteouts that did not last long going up.

Coming back ran into snow down 89 thur VT and was able to cruise along without issues, passing several slower cars and SUV's. Long day.

Bruce, your posts about driving the MX-5 thru all conditions is almost inspiring me to get a PRHT... tho I'm afraid it will make me hate the MSM.

Well... I had gone to Flying Dog and Breckenridge after talking to you. I'm planning the trek for today right now.

Bruce, your posts about driving the MX-5 thru all conditions is almost inspiring me to get a PRHT... tho I'm afraid it will make me hate the MSM.

Come to the darkside!!. I am still amused that some of the miata folk view the PRHT with disdain.

Well... I had gone to Flying Dog and Breckenridge after talking to you. I'm planning the trek for today right now.

Did you ski Breckenridge? did that many moons ago.

Back