NEMOC Random BS Thread

**** my life...went to go start up the car to drive to work...car won't start. i think the disty went again.

WTF!

Here's some BS:

I went to Dunkins this morning because I was in need of an Iced Coffee... get there they are having a sale 50cents for a small iced. I order one and the girl asks if i want another because there's no limit. I said sure why not (I usually get a medium).

So I take the 2 coffees to work and put one in the fridge there. This is at 8 or so. My coworker just came in and asked if I had gotten 2 coffees this morning. Said I did and he told me that someone took it out of the fridge and put a note saying "Pls no open containers in the fridge." Its warm and the ice melted. Open the fridge to find that my fat boss put her salad in place of my coffee.

I would pull her salad out and put it in the freezer or leave it on the counter area.

I haven't told anyone yet...buutttt...

04 Velocity Red MSM.

Very nice. Looking forward to seeing it.

Want to shoot for Wednesday night? If that's cool with you, I can shoot over there after work. (I get out at 5). Do you need me to bring the caliper piston tool? If so I will pick it up from Autozone tomorrow night.

Weds fine. I have a tool for pushing the caliper in. That should be fine for the front. Just need to figure out how the rears go in. In the P5 it was a allen bolt in the back of the caliper.

What are we changing? Just pads, rotors and pads??

I will PM my details.

Estimated $225 to have my MS3 windows tinted. I contacted a place called Audio Werks in Tewksbury, MA anyone familiar with them? Anyone have the NEPOC discount??(cool)

I don't know if that is the normal pricing around here, but I got my MS6 done when I was back home in FL for 150 bucks

trying to catch up after being away from the computer for a few days. Spent last 3 days installing new baseboards in the house and painting. One more day of painting left.

i gotta have the tints fixed on one of the windows in my truck. its starting to peel a little on the top. I thought it was OEM tint and maybe i could get it fixed under warranty but the dealership said OEM tint was somehow built into the glass and couldnt peel and any peeling was aftermarket.....bah

Quick experiments.

model_black1.jpg

model_black2.jpg

model_black3.jpg

Weds fine. I have a tool for pushing the caliper in. That should be fine for the front. Just need to figure out how the rears go in. In the P5 it was a allen bolt in the back of the caliper.

What are we changing? Just pads, rotors and pads??

I will PM my details.

Just doing pads. I got your PM. Unfortunately I had to stay late at work tonight so I wasn't able to get to Autozone to pick up the caliper piston compressor. Unless you have one, I can swing by there tomorrow night.. but if not, we can just choose another time. The caliper on the rear disc brake has two little divots, and you have to compress and spin at the same time... people who change brakes on the 3 say this is the trickiest part if you do not have the tool to get it done. I wouldn't be there until about 6pm, as I get out of work at 5.

Estimated $225 to have my MS3 windows tinted. I contacted a place called Audio Werks in Tewksbury, MA anyone familiar with them? Anyone have the NEPOC discount??(cool)

I don't have a NEPOC discount for you, but there's a really good place in Billerica, MA, Tint King, ask for Brian, he's the s*** and does excellent work. My Protege was done by him back in the day and it was a great job. Go for carbon tint.

Also, don't hunt for a $25 worth of discount somewhere, it's worth paying for a job at a quality place. You don't want to have to come back. Almost every tint shop offers lifetime warranty on labor, and now, with carbon film, lifetime warranty on film.

Last edited:
i gotta have the tints fixed on one of the windows in my truck. its starting to peel a little on the top. I thought it was OEM tint and maybe i could get it fixed under warranty but the dealership said OEM tint was somehow built into the glass and couldnt peel and any peeling was aftermarket.....bah

Yeah, OEM tint is usually actually "dark glass" and not film.

Latest posts

Back