NEMOC Random BS Thread

So... the NEPOC members that come to Lime Rock this year will get to see my new ride!

Weds or Fri night this week. Spring Clean meet is Saturday and I'm away Sunday and Monday. And I live in Nashua.

Want to shoot for Wednesday night? If that's cool with you, I can shoot over there after work. (I get out at 5). Do you need me to bring the caliper piston tool? If so I will pick it up from Autozone tomorrow night.

Thanks Ashley. I've never done them before but I've been reading up on the forums about how to do them on the 3. It does seem pretty easy. I think I'm going to rent the caliper piston tool from Autozone just to be safe, because it seems like that little piston on the rear brakes is a PITA on the 3. So, I can at least do that and save myself a bit of money! The tool rental is free once I return it.

I used to work at the zone, I know all about the tool rentals :) Best service ever for specialty tools people don't feel like buying.

ash know's all about brakes!!

You'd better believe it!

heading down to the finish line .... i always miss the kenyans they finish so damn quickly!

I kinda wanted to go into the city but I ended up working all day.

Thanks for the offer Bruce. Where about do you live? Nashua, right? If we were to get together and do this, what day is good for you?

If you don't get to it before the cleaning meet I can help you with the brakes. We'll have them done in 30 min or so, depending how hard stuff is to get out :) And yeah, I didn't read them as the rear brakes...rears you do have to twist them, however that tool is $5 at autozone, or you can do what I do and stick the end of a lug wrench in there and turn it ;)

Last edited:
I've watched the race at or near the finish for the last few years and it gets a little redundant; however it is rather inspiring to watch some people finish. You can tell they are running on complete will power and I love when runners pass by one of their "fan" clubs and the crowd goes nuts. I keep telling myself I'm gonna have to try to go for it one of these years.

What? So no car?

Not that one at least. I know now what the worst case scenarios are in more detail now. Unfortunately I found out the hard way. Now I'm going to throw some offers out to see if anyone bites.

That sucks man.

I can't wait to see ya'll again.

oooh yeah I'll be out there for Mid-Ohio this year. I already have the vacation paperwork in. Boom!

That sucks man.

I can't wait to see ya'll again.

oooh yeah I'll be out there for Mid-Ohio this year. I already have the vacation paperwork in. Boom!

Sweet! With any luck, I won't have the Protege there. Hahaha.

Are you changing the fluid as well? Just wondering since you said you will be going to the track day, stock fluid will boil if you track the car.

Yeah, I think I'm going to upgrade to Motul. I'm not racing until August, so I've got plenty of time to get all this s*** done. I'm going to upgrade my brake lines to stainless as well, so I think I'll wait until that is done before I swap out the brake fluid. Thanks for the heads up though!

Yeah, I think I'm going to upgrade to Motul. I'm not racing until August, so I've got plenty of time to get all this s*** done. I'm going to upgrade my brake lines to stainless as well, so I think I'll wait until that is done before I swap out the brake fluid. Thanks for the heads up though!
Motul RBF600 is a nice fluid, but pretty pricey (though worth the extra little protection, if you want to be absolutely sure). A great alternative is ATE SuperBlue or Typ200, about half the price.

Stainless steel lines are good. Make sure you have nice pads on there as well. Where are you going to the track?

Holy crap our little NEPOC section has exploded lately. Anyone else notice? I come online this morning and 15+ posts are updated. This is awesome!

Motul RBF600 is a nice fluid, but pretty pricey (though worth the extra little protection, if you want to be absolutely sure). A great alternative is ATE SuperBlue or Typ200, about half the price.

Stainless steel lines are good. Make sure you have nice pads on there as well. Where are you going to the track?

Thanks for the suggestions on the brake fluid. I'll have to check those out.

I am going to be racing at NHMS with the COM circuit in August. I have 2 other friends (that have Mazdaspeed3's that track there) and they have been trying to get me to race for over a year now. Figured it was time to give in and see what all the fun is like!

EDIT: I was just looking at those two alternatives you showed me for brake fluid, and they both look pretty much the same. Is there a benefit to one over the other?

Last edited:
Back