NEMOC Random BS Thread

I was behind a new Mustang the other day and the license plate was, "TCPIP". Can you say geek! Then I looked closer at his third brake light and it read, "TOYOTA?" Huh?

Blah.... So I threw a check engine light this morning.

Code: P0455

Which means my gas cap is loose. I took it off and put it back, making sure it was nice and tight. I hope it stays away otherwise it's going to be a crappy week to get my car back to normal for the stealership.

Blah.... So I threw a check engine light this morning.

Code: P0455

Which means my gas cap is loose. I took it off and put it back, making sure it was nice and tight. I hope it stays away otherwise it's going to be a crappy week to get my car back to normal for the stealership.

just go to autozone and have the code cleared out..or buy a Dashhawk.. no need to take it to the dealership for that code..

That's how I cleared it. I've had a DH for a bit now. I just hope the cap or something with it isn't broken.
I had this code come on several times on my RX-8 (kept coming on for several weeks in a row despite retigthenings), and so I just got a replacement gas cap ($15 or something) from the dealer and the light has never come on again.

Hey guys.... question for ya.... I've never replaced my own brake pads before, but in an effort to try and save some money I am thinking of doing it myself. I have been reading up on how to do it, and it seems fairly easy. Do you think I could do it? I don't want to get halfway into the project and realize I don't know what I'm doing. The only thing I'm concerned with is resetting the piston on the calipers. I've heard that this can sometimes be a pain?

Edit: I have a Mazda3.

Bruce: yeah rally stickers are off

Craig: brakes are easy to do...just have a clamp handy and use that with an old pad to push the piston back in

Bruce: yeah rally stickers are off

Craig: brakes are easy to do...just have a clamp handy and use that with an old pad to push the piston back in

Thanks Ashley. I've never done them before but I've been reading up on the forums about how to do them on the 3. It does seem pretty easy. I think I'm going to rent the caliper piston tool from Autozone just to be safe, because it seems like that little piston on the rear brakes is a PITA on the 3. So, I can at least do that and save myself a bit of money! The tool rental is free once I return it.

I believe the 3's rear brake caliper piston has to be turned as it goes back in because of the e-brake.

I could be wrong (haven't done them on the 3 yet) but that is what it was like on the 6 and thought I heard that on the 3 as well.

Hey guys.... question for ya.... I've never replaced my own brake pads before, but in an effort to try and save some money I am thinking of doing it myself. I have been reading up on how to do it, and it seems fairly easy. Do you think I could do it? I don't want to get halfway into the project and realize I don't know what I'm doing. The only thing I'm concerned with is resetting the piston on the calipers. I've heard that this can sometimes be a pain?

Edit: I have a Mazda3.

If you need a hand let me know. I'm not far from you. Never done a 3 before but have done brakes on others. I've got a garage and tools.

If you need a hand let me know. I'm not far from you. Never done a 3 before but have done brakes on others. I've got a garage and tools.

Thanks for the offer Bruce. Where about do you live? Nashua, right? If we were to get together and do this, what day is good for you?

Thanks for the offer Bruce. Where about do you live? Nashua, right? If we were to get together and do this, what day is good for you?

Are you changing the fluid as well? Just wondering since you said you will be going to the track day, stock fluid will boil if you track the car.

Back