NEMOC Random BS Thread

I did my first 5k run of the year today.. 26:14. I'm slipping a bit. The good news is I beat my boss and I am now sitting at home. If we finished before him, we got the rest of the day off.

It pays to be in shape. rawr!

beautiful outside! drove top down, sliding the rear end a couple of turns, to an irish pub, had irish lamb stew, a UFO and a black'n'moon! gonna go for a run soon and then off to home!

btw that's the gunmetal finish on the knob.

Authentic Mazdaspeed

Shine makes a replica that people have had good luck with fitment... but they copied the JDM version... so you need to remove the factory reinforcement bar and it wont come with the trim or grilles.

^yup. Authentic Mazdaspeed factory painted for mine. VR is a very tough color to match unless you know what you are doing.

Luke, you don't own a Mazda. Asking for a friend?

Where do you recommend going for one then?

Yes, it's for a friend. I still have the mazda love. Now I just get ot help other spend their money instead of my own.

Here what I was told. He'll paint it himself.

Sounds like it is still better to go through mazda for a mazdaspeed bumper. How much do they run?

Its not just the paint that will give him a headache...

its fitment..
color matching isnt easy...
Technically a replica isnt legal as you need to remove the factory re-bar
you dont get the oil cooler ducts
you dont get the grilles
If he gets the fiberglass version.. it will crack no matter how careful he is
If he gets the poly urethane version... it will likely sag in the sun...

EDIT: Cost is around $1200-1500

I'm PISSED. Blew the RF Strut this morning. Trying to figure out to get it rebuilt or replace the whole system. This may scuttle the trip to Myrtle Beach.

I'm PISSED. Blew the RF Strut this morning. Trying to figure out to get it rebuilt or replace the whole system. This may scuttle the trip to Myrtle Beach.

That sucks! That wouldn't have happened if you were in a 4Runner. (rlaugh)

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Edit: I hope it is an easy fix/ replacement for you. I do feel bad, even though I had to be a wise guy.

Last edited:
No big pothole, just blew. These are the MS coilovers. Trying to decide to replace the whole system, maybe with KW V3 or send the fronts to Eibach and get them rebuilt.

Problem is I was supposed to be leaving Monday. Starting tear down tonite.

Back