Page 1950 of 1962 FirstFirst ... 9501450185019001940194819491950195119521960 ... LastLast
Results 29,236 to 29,250 of 29427

Thread: NEMOC Random BS Thread

NEMOC & Rotary Moderator

2013 CX-9

Bruce, the few times I did Autocross on Newfound Lake in N.H. with the Boston BMWCCA it was the same situation. Lots of standing around while the AWD cars got pulled out of the snow banks. I was one of the few in my MS6 that didnít need to get pulled out.

Ashley, nice bike, that looks fun!!!!

Making more progress on the Rx7 this week. I decided to upgrade the entire fuel system. Because it was a carbureted car, it had a very small 5/16Ē feed and only 1/4Ē return line. I was told that return line is too restrictive for most high pressure pumps and will cause them to fail prematurely. Some people just run -6AN hose all the way to the tank but not me. I decided to learn how to bend 3/8Ē hard lines and add flared fittings.

And of course Iím the engine bay I cut everything to the correct length so the braided lines would be nice and clean...

On the REPU I just used an external pump and itís rather loud and annoying. For the Rx7 I decided upon a Holley Retrofit kit which replaces the factory pickup and return allowing for an in-tank pump. This particular kit also comes with a hydramat which helps with fuel starvation in the corners when you are below 1/4 tank. I might not have to run a full tank of gas at the track any more!

And while I was learning to bend tubes, I added a few hardlines to my vacuum manifold system. I donít recall if I went into specifics with you guys but i am keeping the EVAP system which needs two vacuum ports, the cruise control, which needs one port, and the ECU map sensor will need a port. This manifold cleans up that old rats nest of vacuum lines.

2003 Protege5, 1992 Miata

All this work youre doing is pushing me closer and closer to spending big money on my miata. Just waiting to see what/if the bonus from work will be like

NEMOC & Rotary Moderator

2013 CX-9

Amanda is starting to think I wonít drive it once Iím done. Regardless, itís keeping me active and helping me learn new things. Itís certainly not a ďbudgetĒ build, and might be a little overkill for a low power vehicle, but Iíll have everything done should I want to add a turbo in the future.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Donated: $40
    Miata & NEMOC Moderator

2016 Miata Club, 2004 MSM, 2014 CX5 Touring, Honda 1976 XL 175

Quote Originally Posted by NETC_Redd View Post
    Bought a toy for the back of the bus. Now I can go anywhere.
    Cool!

Miata & NEMOC Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by chuyler1 View Post
    Bruce, the few times I did Autocross on Newfound Lake in N.H. with the Boston BMWCCA it was the same situation. Lots of standing around while the AWD cars got pulled out of the snow banks. I was one of the few in my MS6 that didnít need to get pulled out.

Ashley, nice bike, that looks fun!!!!

Making more progress on the Rx7 this week. I decided to upgrade the entire fuel system. Because it was a carbureted car, it had a very small 5/16Ē feed and only 1/4Ē return line. I was told that return line is too restrictive for most high pressure pumps and will cause them to fail prematurely. Some people just run -6AN hose all the way to the tank but not me. I decided to learn how to bend 3/8Ē hard lines and add flared fittings.

And of course Iím the engine bay I cut everything to the correct length so the braided lines would be nice and clean...

On the REPU I just used an external pump and itís rather loud and annoying. For the Rx7 I decided upon a Holley Retrofit kit which replaces the factory pickup and return allowing for an in-tank pump. This particular kit also comes with a hydramat which helps with fuel starvation in the corners when you are below 1/4 tank. I might not have to run a full tank of gas at the track any more!

And while I was learning to bend tubes, I added a few hardlines to my vacuum manifold system. I donít recall if I went into specifics with you guys but i am keeping the EVAP system which needs two vacuum ports, the cruise control, which needs one port, and the ECU map sensor will need a port. This manifold cleans up that old rats nest of vacuum lines.

Work of art Chris! Looks very clean with hard lines!!!
    By the way, Iím going to do Lime Rock this june 13th, Thursday night.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Amanda is starting to think I won*t drive it once I*m done. Regardless, it*s keeping me active and helping me learn new things. It*s certainly not a *budget* build, and might be a little overkill for a low power vehicle, but I*ll have everything done should I want to add a turbo in the future.
    Im so excited to get back in mine. Hopefully I have now ordered all the parts I need to button my motor back up this weekend, then I can move on to repainting the shelf below brake booster and then the transmission drop for seal/clutch replacement. Spring will be here before I know it

NEMOC & Rotary Moderator

2013 CX-9

Quote Originally Posted by bazooka joe View Post
    Work of art Chris! Looks very clean with hard lines!!!
    By the way, Iím going to do Lime Rock this june 13th, Thursday night.
    I was thinking about the one in May and staying for the weekend, not sure I can make June. Youíre gonna shit yourself, itís an insane track at speed!

Miata & NEMOC Moderator

I was thinking about the one in May and staying for the weekend, not sure I can make June. Youíre gonna shit yourself, itís an insane track at speed!
    Well, maybe I should bring a change of clothes! Looking forward to it!

NEMOC & Rotary Moderator

2013 CX-9

Is that from Japanese Car Day?

NEMOC & Rotary Moderator

2013 CX-9

Wiring up the battery...

Intake is on for the final time with all the vacuum lines and throttle cable cut to size.

Test fitting the new fan kit. It came with a shroud but I had to make some modifications.

Tonight I need to attach the brackets and wire it directly to the battery. It comes with a built-in sensor and controller that will run at variable speed based on demand. Should be quieter than the fan I put on the REPU.

Still have a bunch of wiring to finish for the ECU but getting very close to first startup.

Really making me wish I spent the money on silicone hoses rather than OEM. Main reason I didnt is that my heater hoses and radiator hoses were already "new" (4 years old with maybe 10k on them). So I just decided to keep it boring OEM black!

NEMOC & Rotary Moderator

2013 CX-9

Yeah, Iím fully committing to the red white and blue theme.

Been in the garage every night this week. Wired up power to the fan, and started on the new ECU mounting bracket and harness.

Donated: $50

2008 Miata PRHT; 2018 3

Nice Chris. Looking good.

I wish I could work on mine, still in storage surrounded by snow!!
    Bruce
    2008 Miata Touring PRHT True Red, MazdaSpeed body kit
    RB Intake, RSII Exhaust, RX8 Sways, KW V3 Coilovers, Fiaam horn
    RX7 FD Rims, Kenwood DNX7100, Int Wiper Mod, 3M Bra

Miata & NEMOC Moderator

Yeah, Iím fully committing to the red white and blue theme.

Been in the garage every night this week. Wired up power to the fan, and started on the new ECU mounting bracket and harness.

Looking forward to seeing all your work in person!

Quote Originally Posted by bazooka joe View Post
    Looking forward to seeing all your work in person!
    oh mahk, still quoting replies and not editing out all the pictures. What are ya, an old man or something???

Slowly putting the miatas motor back together after the timing belt, water pump, crank/cam seals. Valve cover is back from powdercoat. Hoping to have it running this weekend, then Im away for a week. Once im back I will start digging into the clutch and rear main seal swap. Decided now that I am back with the car in CT I really need to put more money into the car to cheer me up due to the fact that I am back in CT :P

Page 1950 of 1962 FirstFirst ... 9501450185019001940194819491950195119521960 ... LastLast