NEMOC Random BS Thread

Holy s***! For that price, fly out and rent a Miata locally.

If I had the extra cash laying around, I would be your co-pilot.

Maybe check Turo and rent a vintage Miata.

dff075f5133a5e6c159f82aa9a88d0d3.jpg

No luck

Should we pencil in a May 18th cleaning meet at my house?? Hopefully I can also have a pressure washer on hand that day. I have well water at my house so pressure from the spigot outside isn't the best for trying to get some snow foam going.

That was renting locally, after flying out! And it was an auto to boot!
Ok, thought you were renting to drive out. Insane numbers either way and cheaper to drive yours out. Plus the experience!
Should we pencil in a May 18th cleaning meet at my house?? Hopefully I can also have a pressure washer on hand that day. I have well water at my house so pressure from the spigot outside isn't the best for trying to get some snow foam going.
You aren't teasing us are you? I am in, if she is driveable. Lol

Got home tonight and saw this when I took the pup out.

19a1f6a2cc22a3b46da47fc9c5c27883.jpg

Ok, thought you were renting to drive out. Insane numbers either way and cheaper to drive yours out. Plus the experience!You aren't teasing us are you? I am in, if she is driveable. Lol

Got home tonight and saw this when I took the pup out.

Make it driveable...

Im in! Whats your addy?

Nutmeg Miatas too?

No, but only because I hate their group has a yearly fee. That's dumb and I do not support it. I remember back on miata.net when I posted about a wrenching/cleaning day (you responded), I got the responses also of "join nutmeg miata and set up a wax or tech day" and "I really like this idea". PASS! I will post the meet in miata.net though, just wont ever join nutmeg

Posted about this in Massmiata on facebook and lots of interested folks.

I recall those guys being a bit stand-off-ish during our encounters with them at Limerock.

Update on the Rx7. Shes basically done and tuned! I took it to Flat Out Motorsports in Mendon because they have a dynapack that is easier to tune the cruising cells. The numbers dont really compare to other types of dynos. Low HP cars tend to get low readings and high HP cars tend to get high readings but its a good system to get consistent results and you remove the wheels so there is no slippage. Anyway, the number is 132hp at 7,000RPM.

What was interesting is that it only made 124hp at 6,500 RPM with the longer air horns. I brought both and when we were having trouble making power up high, we switched them and it immediately started pulling harder. So Ill stick with the short horns, and now I need to figure out an air box solution because the foam air cleaner was getting sucked into the horns.

On the street shes definitely peaky. Lethargic between 2,000-4,000 RPM, basically feels like before, but louder. By 6,000 RPM you start to notice the power is pushing you back. At 7,000 she is screaming and keeps pulling until about 8,500. Its gonna be fun on the track for sure!

Heres a shot with the short horns.

0529c5cd35b4f8e934cfb1bd7dac52a5.jpg

Rotaries are super sensitive to intake tract length. Hence the 787b's variable intake runner length. Longer, as you've discovered, will give you more pull down low, shorter gives you a lot more up top. You kinda have to decide where you want to put the peak, essentially, and get a length that matches that.

Or I could engineer some variable length horns like the 787 and fatten up the curve!

I was really surprised they needed to be that short, because the FD has much longer runners. Even the RX8 intake is tall, but it opens up a passage between the runners at higher RPM so the rotors can share air.

With a heavy heart I think I am putting my stock steering wheel back into the miata. All of a sudden I cant stop thinking about how not safe it has been to have no airbag but still be using the "air bag" designed seat belt. I may end up sourcing JDM, early canadian, or early UK seat belts to swap in. Thought about going for a different seat and harness, but losing the headrest speakers is a deal breaker there.

She's alive! Lol

But sadly I have to back out of the 18th. Completely forgot that is the day of our son's prom.

Blast! Id love to get the original crew, or at least what we can, together. Should I move it to a different day? The "interest" I had on mass miata fizzled out quickly

Blast! Id love to get the original crew, or at least what we can, together. Should I move it to a different day? The "interest" I had on mass miata fizzled out quickly

Ya, see if theres another date that works for Kyle. Maybe Chris could come and bring one of his rotary machines!

Back