NEMOC Random BS Thread

Awesome vid Mark. Had a little chuckle when I saw you put th e visor down.

Somehow I hadn't even noticed that. Yeah, you learn pretty quick in that car. Especially in corners, it will kick rocks up past the fenders. I usually put my visor most of the way down even tooling around in grid. During the TnT the day before I took a rock HARD to my shiny, brand new visor.

Ya, missed it to, I do remember that Andrew said make sure the visor is down because of the rocks getting kicked up! When I heard them bouncing off the inside of the fender I threw it down quick!

what an eventful weekend! The day I mention replacing the p5 and even looking for what I may want to get, the alternator/water pump belt snaps on my way to VT!! Had to get it towed 30 miles to our house up there and fix that up. How did the car know....

what an eventful weekend! The day I mention replacing the p5 and even looking for what I may want to get, the alternator/water pump belt snaps on my way to VT!! Had to get it towed 30 miles to our house up there and fix that up. How did the car know....

Figures!
In other news, this....what night is good for everyone?
Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park; Thompson, CT
April 24, May 15, June 19, July 5, July 24, August 14, September 18, October 4

b16a4c62c0f3720b9020ace096cf2538.jpg
a2ed03a71ca89b616ed1aaebfaa1d7ee.jpg

Never know what you’re going to find in the Lowe’s parking lot in NC!

Track Night events are open for registration now. I cannot make the first event at Thompson because I'll be traveling. I signed up for May 3rd @ Palmer instead.

I also signed up for May 24th @ Limerock Park. My plan is to do this track day and stay for the PWC Memorial Day weekend. The cost for this event is $200 but you can use the coupon code ForPeopleWhoLoveCars to get $25 off. This code only works once. I tried registering with two separate transactions and it didn't accept it. I hope to see others at the track day or at least the weekend of racing. The link for this event is below...

https://www.tracknightinamerica.com/events/1991305-trackpass-2016-lime-rock-may-26

Usually they send out coupon codes after you've been to an event and I'll likely use that to sign up for at least one Thompson event as well as the August 3rd NHMS event.

I think I will end up doing that LRP night you mentioned. Then Ill come back on Saturday to watch the racing.

Looks like Chris Yeomans is going to fly into Manchester and join me for the trip to Limerock.

I’m getting ready for this season. First step, new (to me) seats. Corbeau A4. Required some cutting to get them low enough but now I just barely fit with my helmet on. Up next, tires. I wanted something with 200tw but people are saying the Nitto NT01s wear better than the Continentals everyone uses for autox.

985309e89814ad459ff1c958d2ea9b99.jpg

Looks like Chris Yeomans is going to fly into Manchester and join me for the trip to Limerock.

I’m getting ready for this season. First step, new (to me) seats. Corbeau A4. Required some cutting to get them low enough but now I just barely fit with my helmet on. Up next, tires. I wanted something with 200tw but people are saying the Nitto NT01s wear better than the Continentals everyone uses for autox.

985309e89814ad459ff1c958d2ea9b99.jpg
Nice Chris. Try RS-4'S. Very durable tire

Hmm, they don’t come in 205/50R15. It’s either 195 (kind of narrow for a 7” rim) or 225 (probably too wide to fit)

Those could work, I just dug up a few reviews and it sounds like they are good for both autox and track (although not as good as Track-only tires like the r888r)

Anything else from this list I should consider? I’ll be doing more track days than autox, but I’m trying to get Amanda into autox so I want something that will work with both...although it’s not like I’ll be competitive in my car.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearchResults.jsp?zip-code=02053&width=205/&ratio=50&diameter=15

Those could work, I just dug up a few reviews and it sounds like they are good for both autox and track (although not as good as Track-only tires like the r888r)

Anything else from this list I should consider? I’ll be doing more track days than autox, but I’m trying to get Amanda into autox so I want something that will work with both...although it’s not like I’ll be competitive in my car.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearchResults.jsp?zip-code=02053&width=205/&ratio=50&diameter=15
Re71rs are not track tires. Dunlops were ok for Autox, never had them on the track. Not sure of the rest.

Yeah, I read the RE71R lasts about 2 laps, and are basically considered an autox cheater tire. Looking up those lead me to the Nitto NT01 which, despite having a 100tw rating has been known to last an entire season of track racing. However, I don’t know that it will have street manners or work well for autox.

The Rival S seems to get good reviews for both.

So I decided to go all in and ordered a set of Nitto NT01s.

904b334147ed20f2f9990d698dea1341.jpeg

I also got a dual wide band installed. I’m curious what I’m running for AFRs now, and I’ll use that as a target when I upgrade to EFI. Speaking of which, I’ve been researching the factory harness in the car. My plan is to remove the factory emissions computer and drop in my stand-alone Adaptronic in the same spot. The only wire I’ll have to run into the car is power...because there was no relay in the original harness and it shares the same circuit with way too many other components.

5dac401955e9dd9e2a6fb3e2fe81fb6f.jpg

1a789990c0ebcd851b1f50cb6d1c7719.jpg

186255575d003afe5fed82e28bf1e69a.jpg

Back